• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth and Weight loss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siccness909

Bluelighter
Is there a way you can maintain the weight you lose when on a meth binge? I've been doin dope for awhile but I was off it for about 3months and gained all the weight back of course but I recently went on a little 3 day binge, which I'm coming down from as we speak. Havent ate at all in those 3 days but shit I cant believe I actually lost a little weight in this little binge anyway I look thinner and I like it. Not a whole lot but enough to where I like it. Anyway sorry for rambling but is there an effective way of eating that I could keep my body like this? And one more question...Do most people comin down on speed have trouble eating for the next couple days even after they come down completely? In my years I never really let myself comedown lol bad choice obviously as I ended up in horrible psychosis's for weeks and went to ICU each time..but anyway thanks for the help in advance..lol I just love meth for weight loss even though I know Its horribly unhealthy and for the most part I can never keep it off haha

I'm speaking about reg. amphet here (we don't have meth in Belgium, very uncommon.) but a few days after a binge I always feel like I could eat a horse ! Most of it is probably water you've lost (sweating, peein), you'll regain most of it soon. I'm fairly sure of that. I once lost 6kg in 3 days, and a week later I was back to normal.

You could always do more meth ofcourse. (That's a joke btw. :p)

Weight is calories in = calories out. While on meth you require a higher calorie intake. I would suggest, if you are an average male, to eat approximately 500-700 extra calories (2,700-2,900 kCal). It is essential to INVEST in a multivitamin as well as magnesium supplements.

It also depends on how well you can maintain a doseage. Meth abusers compulsively chase and maintain a high, thus their appetite is going to be zapped even though their body feels worn out and malnourished.

Drink beverages with electrolytes to maintain water.

Sleep every night.

Now, as for meth use, weight loss can be avoided with a few simple nutrition and hygiene steps.

But once a person steps into meth abuse, their twisted internal clock and mindset will flip the world's priorities upside down.

This is NOT advised, but there's almost no point in giving health advice to people in meth psychosis until you're able to talk them into a panic attack. A better option would be to seize their intake until the person is sober and then talk with them.

Last edited:
I always drop a kilo or 4 when I use meth... along with decreased or no appeitite your weight loss some of it is temporary. keep in mind meth will increase your metabolism so your already burning more calories than usual, combine that with its highly noradrenergic and therefore allows your body to use fat for energy, your muscle glycogen/carb stores will get chewed up along with some muscle itself due to its catabolic porpetires, youl sweat out a lot due to increased body temperature aswell as water loss from the loss of muscle glycogen as said previously. Factor all this in and youve dropped a few kilos, eating carb rich foods will restore your glycogen level back up.

whiterock, barbell complexes (youtube them) and interval work such as Wingate Sprints are optimal for not only burning maximum calories in the most efficient manner, but also elevating your metabolism for ~24 hours post exercise thus resulting in more calories burned.

Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y79defjtYuk#t=2m25s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af1J7bHGxyY

But really if you just perform a strength training program with any consistency that would be the best way to burn some excess weight and keep it off.

Closed as this is a bump of an old thread. Feel free to start a new one if you have issues you still want to discuss. PM any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.