• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzodiazapines and drug testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketamike

Bluelighter
Recently I've been struggling with opiate addiction and am trying to get into a residential program. I left detox on 11/29 and went to the admissions office on 12/7. In detox, I was medicated with Librium and I tested positive for it. Because of the positive test result, I could not be admitted because of the posibility of seizures if I were to go into withdrawal. I wasn't told by anyone that this could prevent my admission to the program and I'm pretty pissed at the social worker.

I tested positive 8 days later and I just used a dipstick test today (12 days later) and I'm still positive. I would like to know ways to help eliminate benzos from my system but more importantly if there's anything I should avoid which may slow down elimination. Librium is metabolized by the liver and excreted by the kidneys. Will alcohol, fatty foods, or vitamins slow down my bodies ability to flush drugs from my system.

From what I've read, Librium takes between 2 weeks and a month to no longer be detectable in urine. I'm also taking Effexor 37.5 mg daily but I've only seen that causing a false positive for PCP.

This is a frustrating situation for me. I've been on a pretty horrible run and I need to get help. I joined BL in 2000 ... I imagine most of you don't remember me. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember you Ketamike.. been a long time since I saw you around these parts. But, you have been around a long time. You know we aren't allowed to answer drug testing questions.

I just realized that. I want to edit the title of my post, but I don't know how. I haven't actively posted on BL since around 2005 and it wasn't the policy then.

I'm not looking to beat a test. I'm just looking for ways to speed up the elimination process. I wish BL could make an exception since this really is about harm reduction. As long as I'm in NJ, I'm a danger to myself. Just yesterday after not sleeping for a couple days, I stole my mother's car to go to Newark and cop. On the way home I fell asleep at the wheel, rear ended someone and got a DUI. I'm desperate to get away and enter treatment, but this is stopping me... please help.

That's brutal dude. I'm surprised they won't accept you for that. That'd be like a program denying me because I had methadone in my system from detox. Sounds extremely unjust to me.

I mean, the point of detox is to get you to a place where you are stable enough to not have seizures... Did the program you want into contact the doctors and get you medically cleared? If there was still a risk of seizures.. they wouldn't have discharged you from detox.

Hey man this is a frustrating situation for sure, but I'm afraid this must be closed. Any information used to help you for legitimate reasons can be used by others for illegitimate reasons, which is why we can't make exceptions to the rule.

I wish you the very best of luck with your recovery, we can help you with other stuff but not this.

^This. We still can't help you "speed up the elimination process" because, in the end, that's still helping you beat a drug test.

We can't help you beat the system, because if we go down that road, it spells legal issues for this site as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.