• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Sleep Schedule Retraining

puffpuffpass

Bluelighter
Hey I have been staying up late like 3-4am and using 20mg valium then struggling to wake up b4 noon, everyday for about 5 months now, taking dexies daily really has stuffed my sleep pattern up.

I have been offered a job at a place I used to work, problem is I would have to get up at 6am every day and I was wondering if I should pull an all nighter tonight, at about 8pm take some dexies to keep me up all night, then maybe another 2 in the morning EARLY to see me through until 8 or 9pm and hopefully pass out from exhaustion.

What are your thoughts on using the drug that ruined my sleep schedule to fix it by pulling an all nighter? Will that one night of not sleeping be enough to set my body clock back to normal, providing I dont use the dexies after tomorrow morning, so I can start working in say a week if tonight and tomorrow is the last time I use the dexies?
(edit: Just realised Xmas is fast approaching, I doubt I will be put on before next year, but still would like people's opinion on it)

Cheers, been out of work for a long time and need to earn some $$$. This position wont last forever so is this a quick effective way to get back on my feet?

Last edited:
I wouldn't recommend that. When they wear off your going crash, and crash hard while at work which just isn't going to be a good thing, especially since your trying to make a good impression. I would take your dex's very early in the day so they don't affect your sleep schedule as much. You need to be getting to bed early. No matter what time you take the clonazepam I think your going to struggle to get out of bed, benzo's don't promote deep sleep. GL.

I would recommend doing it without any drugs - are the benzos and dex clinical? Even so, may be best to not use them (or take a much lower dose) when resetting sleep schedule.

I dont have the job yet, I will call the guy not tomorrow (crash day) but the day after, I would have had a nice sleep and be well rested, Yes they are RX'ed but I want to quit the dex, I can go days without them but if I have a bad day or whatever I usually end up taking them, so I'm going to stay up all night tonight with a low dose like 10mg not enough to get fucked up, I just don't see the point in lying in bed for hours trying to sleep and then finally drifting off at 3-4am and sleeping for 8 hours.

So by having a night without sleep its forcing my body to have an early one tomorrow and I have an alarm clock that requires me to do maths to turn the beeping off. If you have an android phone (play store) its preety cool. I think I will throw the rest of my dex down the toilet after tomorrow to stop me from taking them, its the only way.

I use the benzos to crash off the dexies so, by stopping the dexies I would be back to my usual one 5mg DIAZEPAM in the morning (not kpin) per day, like the good old days. Hopefully by new years my brain would have adjusted to the lower valium dose, gonna drop dose from 4x 5mg to 1x5mg overnight, wont be fun, but not serious I wouldn't think so in that low-a-dose anyway.

Last edited: