• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dexedrine for ADD - effects, what should I be feeling?

allyssabacon

Greenlighter
This is my first post so I apologize if I do anything wrong. Anyways, I just got a script for dexedrine 10mg spansules. Now before I got these, my boyfriend had the tablet versions and we decided to take them recreationally a few times. So my tolerance isn't what it should be. But I do want to take these to help my ADD. I wanted to know a few things..

I read these can help depression and social anxiety. But can they help depression and social anxiety while someone is also taking them to combat ADD? The first day I took them (prescribed) I felt more motivated, and I went to work (customer service) and it seemed to help a bit with my mood. But after a few hours I felt nothing, which is strange because they are XR. The next day I took one, no noticeable effects, I assume because of my tolerance.

I have to go to the doctor the day after tomorrow, I don't know what to tell him. I feel like 10mg is a pretty high starting dose and I feel like it would be obvious that I had previously abused them if I say they aren't working that well. Also, Should I tell him I feel like they could help depression/SA? Should I say I felt more motivated? What happens if you take these pills and you don't have ADD? Is that what makes you feel happier? I'm not 100% sure I have ADD, but I'm pretty damn sure. I just don't know what you're supposed to feel like taking these pills therapeutically.

Basically, can someone take these for ADD and feel like its helping depression/anxiety too? I feel like it helped my confidence but I don't know if that is what is supposed to be happening.