• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

hep C spread from bathtub sharing?

bbgirlclueless

Bluelighter
Hey guys i hope im posting in the right forum here..if not,mods please move :)

If someone was hep c positive and not getting treated,fof example me.
I intramuscular benzo n opiate ampoules,suppose i did that before getting in the tub,some of my blood would be on my skin even if i washed,then someone else bathed after me suppose they had a cut somewhere...is it possible for them to get hep c/hiv?
Thanks
Sorry for the typos people :)

I can't directly answer your specific question, but if you have Hep C it is YOUR responsibility to make sure your blood never gets anywhere that could put another person at risk. You (probably) made the choices that earned you Hep C, now it's time to take a little responsibility for your actions and don't infect others because of ignorance. The internet has TONS of good information about Hep C.
I'm not talking down to you. I am just finishing up my 48th and final week of interferon injections that have made my Hep C undetectable.
Please go get tested/help. No matter where you are located, there is likely at least one source of free help. Find it. Use it. Your life and other's lives depend on it.

You should definitely get tested and treated if you suspect you have HEP C or HIV.

I think it's extremely unlikely that you could transmit HEP C by having a bath while a drop of blood was on your skin and then someone else later using that bathtub (but I can't say it's impossible, it would have to be very unusual circumstances though). HEP C is only transmitted through blood-blood contact, primarily by sharing drug injection equipment (or things like blood transfusions that were done back before they started testing them for it). But it can also be transmitted by tattoos and piercings done with contaminated needles, sharing razors, nail clippers, and toothbrushes if both people get cut, etc, by sex, or from mother to baby. In future it would be best to not have baths while you are bleeding and not let your blood get on anything.

As for HIV, scientists and medical authorities agree that HIV does not survive well outside the body, making the possibility of environmental transmission remote. No one has ever been identified as infected with HIV due to contact with an environmental surface.