• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First time user.... couple quick questions

bdomihizayka

Bluelighter
My oxy tolerance is around 125mg-150mg....and is getting fucking expensive.....

was going to try heroin today..... have no idea about how much to do/ start out with (cross tolerance?).... i am not an IV user.... will snort/ smoke it.

I have been getting different perspectives from different threads ive been reading...... how much should I start out with? What's the high like? What can I expect?

The high is way more sedating than an oxy high. It won't stimulate you as much, you'll probably rather sit back and relax and nod. I personally love that about the heroin high, the oxy high was way too stimulating for me. If you are getting east coast powder heroin than start off with very small lines and do one and wait 10-15minutes and see how you feel. Repeat this process until the desired effect is reached. You can always do more but you can never do less and if your getting good dope chances are it will be way stronger than oxy. I started doing dope with a ~300mg a day oxy habit and I got my socks blown off by sniffing a .5gram my first time so please be careful. Also if its east coast powder don't waste your time smoking it, it is a gigantic waste. If your from the west coast and are getting Black Tar then I can't really help you as I have no experience with it. Good luck, be safe.

I suggest waiting at least 30 minutes between lines until you become more familar with the purity of your H. Also, do not combine it with benzos/alcohol/other cns depressants.

Keep in mind that H will only be cheaper at first, eventually you'll be spending just as much (or more) on it than you're spending on oxy right now. It's simply an issue of tolerance. This is why many people eventually switch to IVing (because it's "cheaper"/less wasteful) only to raise their tolerance even more.

I would split the difference and wait 20 minutes between lines, but only if the lines are small. Usually I would say to wait 30 mins, but considering your tolerance you should be fine with doing a small line every 20-25 minutes.

The size and potency of bags of heroin varies so it's hard to tell you anything other than to start low and work your way up.

Moving thread.
Other Drugs --> BDD

Thank you everyone i appreciate all the input :-0 .... H is loveeeeely so far

^ Did you end up smoking it or snorting it? When I snort it I stop before I get as high as I want, because at first I get stimulated and then an hour or so later I start to nod, so I do end up getting as high as I want but it takes a little while.

I agree with tommy, i love that about snorting , it makes me really chatty and lovey dovey at first. Then it slowly drifts into a pleasant relaxed state.

I snorted it.... split the bag into 4 lines and so far did two..... im prescribed benzos and never abuse them, but nevertheless dont wanna risk the fatal cns depression....i think im fine for tonite.

I hate to be a buzz kill but I was you 5 years ago. Once I picked it up I never put down. I thought smoking would not be as bad as IV use but I was wrong. No really I was. Doesn't matter how it gets in your system "it" is still in your system. I cleaned up in May and went through hideous withdrawals for four days not to mention the PAWS... It's like drowning, every fiber of your body is screaming for more H: imagine the worst flu you ever had the multiply that by 10 or more.

You would think that experience would be enough not to touch the shit again. Wrong. I'm on day 4 of my second withdrawal in life, including a painful 4 taper before that then look in this forum and see this thread. I hate assholes like me that chime in to these threads sounding all self righteous like they know it all with a post like this. But, how can I not say something. This is the only drug that you can not flirt with. It's marriage or nothing and while the marriage has benefits it has a price you can not fathom in the beginning. With or without you will always be in love with it and it will forever be a part of your life when cross a certain line. I so regret crossing that line.

Please read the quitting threads and understand what you are doing. It's not like any other drug. Enough said. My apologies for the buzz kill but not sorry.

Last edited:
Heroin is awesome wait till you start shooting. I know you said you never will or something just like all of us but just wait until you've managed to break every single rule you set for how you use and every moral idea you ever had. Just wait until you've alienated yourself from everyone you care about and your family now sees you as an embarrassment and you can no longer lead a normal life. Then you will go on suboxone and attempt to pick up the pieces of your shattered life. Hopefully you can get to the last part before the middle part gets too bad. But you will understand the best part of addiction finally getting all the pieces to fall in place and being able to pick up when you thought for sure you would be sick for a day or so before you got more. End speech on the dangers of heroin addiction.

Glad you enjoyed it. Just try to avoid making a habit out of it like try your hardest.

Here's a quick tip! Just don't fuck around with the H! It will ruin your life as you will find yourself with no friends, no family and worst of all no fucking money. But hey if you want to end up penniless and no place to live go for it! Not trying to be a dick but I wish someone would of told me this about eight years ago. This shit is the worst as I find myself in a limbo with no one to rely on! I wish I had never picked up the bags at all.... Not to mention I never shot dope either I just said hey I'm no Junkie because I sniff my shit! Anyway please don't start using dope as it's the fucking devil dancing on your dick and your life laughing all the way to bank with your money! GOOD LUCK!

i really dont understand, yet i appreciate all of your concerns...... but im not exactly finding it to be much more euphoric as oxys; which i have had a 3 year habit of using a couple times a month.... i mean it really gets that bad?

i really dont understand, yet i appreciate all of your concerns...... but im not exactly finding it to be much more euphoric as oxys; which i have had a 3 year habit of using a couple times a month.... i mean it really gets that bad?

There are plenty of heroin addicts that would prefer oxy, but when there's pretty much an endless supply of a cheaper alternative you are going to go for dope every time. Due to heroin being cheaper it's easier to do more, and raise your tolerance and get you even more dependent. That's how it gets such a grip on people.

damn ya'll are ragging on this poor guy like he DOESN'T have a 3 year oxy habit. i totally understand imparting the wisdom of the ages but im pretty sure every single thing he's ever seen/read about heroin, including your personal disclaimers, has added up to a big no-no, and yet here he is trying it anyway just like all of us did. we're a self-destructive breed, intent on learning the hard way, but at least he's ASKING for a little advice, and even though he's not exactly WWJDin it at least he's putting himself out there trying to become as informed as possible. i'm not condoning it either, hell after my first 3 months of escalating use i was running full-time with a geriatric speedballing street-creature who supplied our $300 a day habit through the ancient art of welfare fraud, and i'm sure our boy here has heard that same old song and dance, too. im relatively young but i've spent a decade coming to terms with my innate fascination with drug culture and the pursuit of altered states, which I have to believe is a deeply rooted and universal bond between anyone who finds their way into the Bluelight community. The deep personal humility im reminded to keep when reading the experiences the elder users and mods choose to share is certainly not lost on me, nor do i believe it is at all lost on our OP. i just have to say i feel the mood in some of these posts is starting to take the tone of a fatherly haranguing, which is counter-productive to an OP who has more or less already made his decision. middle school is for scare tactics. bluelight is for harm reduction. thank god he came here first, and hopefully he stays.

I prefer h to oxy any day of the week. cheaper, more sedating high, an actual rush when iv'd. always readily available (no waiting on scripts). yet I started with oc and graduated to h cuz of price. as was said: start on oc, graduate to h, retire on bupe if you're lucky.