PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Daily triple C use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

daneman63

Greenlighter
I take 16-24 triple c's a day. almost every day. Ill go for like two weeks and then stop for a short period(mainly because i run out.)
This has been going on for roughly 2 months. Before that i had only taken them on occasion.
What do you guys think the damage is?
Im 127lb 6'' 16 years old.
and probably 3 out of the 10 times i drink a bottle of delsym 3oz on top of the CCC's.
I just want to know if i need help or not. Like if my liver will fail or something.
Thank you

Daneman,

Good thing you came here and asked for safety tips. Overall DXM isn't the worst drug, however taking it in the form of Triple C pills means that you are ingesting the other toxic chemicals in the pills at very high doses. Please read through the thread I posted at the bottom, it's very important to hear the experiences and health damage from people who personally abused Triple C's.

It is well documented that Triple C abuse can lead to Eye Damage, where people feel like they are looking through a tunnel vision for the rest of their life. A lot of other people get very burnt out from it as well as many other toxic effects. Overall there take on it was that they wished they avoided using Triple C's and pleaded to others to avoid doing the same. There are a lot safer psychedelics out there - or some fine cannabis is a very safe and non-toxic way to have a mental-change often or spread out. Abusing more Toxic drugs like Triple C's is just bad news all around if you continue to do it. I would recommend discontinueing it as soon as possible, and find a less toxic way to get a change of consciousness.

Please, read this thread here @ http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/403582-Coricidin-s-Long-Term-Negative-Effects - It has many people writing about their negative experiences and effects from Triple C Abuse. They plead others to avoid CCC"s...

Please do not use triple C's recreationally the extra stuff in it is far worse than the psycoactive ingredient dxm. You are seriously risking your organs and life by doing so. delsym is also very dangerous dxm product to use because it contains DXM polistirex whixh is extended release not dxm HBr.
If you are going to use dxm make sure to use dxm only products.
This link has some helpful info. http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/dxm_info2.shtml

First off, if your going to do DXM please do not use tripple C's. Tripple C's contain Dextromethorphan & Chlorpheniramine Maleate. Chlorpheniramine Maleate, is an alkylamine antihistamine which lowers blood pressure and an can cause severe life-threatening symptoms including seizures, Respiratory depression, loss of consiousness, bleeding from mouth,pores,eyes and rectum, and death.

Also the delsym your taking is a waste of money because delsym contains dextromethorphan polistirex which differs from dextromethorphan Hybromide thats what gives you the dissociative effects.

If your going to use DXM either use Robitussin maximum strength COUGH not cough &cold it is very important to make sure you do not get cough & cold because it contains life threatening ingredients. visit http://dextroverse.org/dxm_sources.html to check for better sources if you continue using

I cant stop you from using your drug of choice the best thing I can do is look out for your safety. I also used DXM at a young age when i was about 13 to 17 because I didn't have access to better drugs. Since your young your brain is still developing I would recommend stopping to continue to take dxm, atleast every day. I have noticed serious mental damage from taking DXM when I was young It is harder for me to focus and remember things it hasn't effected my IQ but I have serious anxiety problems such as social anxiety, agoraphobia, and panic attacks I can't function in the outside world very well.

2 months of abuse isn't to bad but I recommend taking breaks maybe even visit a psychiatrist and get some ativan or a benzo to help you cope with the mental withdrawals. DXM doesn't get very physical when it comes to withdrawals such as opiods or other drugs maybe even get some phenibut from amazon it works very well if you do not have acess to benzo's it will help you with the mental withdrawal/cravings atleast it helped with me. have fun, be safe, and ALWAYS research before you take a substance. :D

Im aware that there are other ingredients that are dangerous. Iv read that one million times on threads and what not. What im asking is, what are the effects of daily use. How long until i have permanent tunnel vision? How long until i die or my organs stop functioning normally?
Alot of the time my bones feel cramped up i guess. Kinda like i have artheritis or something. Ill clunch my knuckles very hard without noticing and my spine hurts.
it almost feel like i have scoliosis. even the weigh of my guitar make me hunch over. Is this for the c's? Has anyone heard of them affecting your joint or spine?

most people don't try to see how long they can abuse a drug until it gives them the worst possible side effects, and if they do they probably aren't documenting it, so i don't think anyone can tell you X amount of days on DXM and you go blind. the adverse side effects your noticing are probably an indicator that you might want to pump the breaks. puredmt above you said he's noticed long term side effects from abusing this drug, i would be careful dude.

A couple quotes from other members who abused CCC's:

i warn everyone to not use Coricidin, I used em when i was high school, they are very powerful and fun as fuck to trip off, but they will fuck your liver and heart up big time and if you OD you can die easily because you have no clue what your doing when your high, you may think you can control it but you cant. I OD'd by taking a box, then an hour later i took another box(two sheets was what i needed to get high after doing em for a week) because i forgot i dosed earlier(probably because they totally annihilate any sense you have)... long story short my pops picked me up at a drug rehab class after it was over, and the teacher saw i was buggin out but didnt even give a fuck. all i remember is getting rushed to hospital and lol'ing the whole way. even when i came down i still high as fuck acting a fool in the er not even realizing that i almost died.

long story short i now have heart palpitations thanks to this drug, ive seen many kids get blasted and end up in ditches forgetting what happened to them, and alot of kids died from this when i was HS.

Coricidin = poison.... there is a reason why its now only sold in HBP forumla.

Hey I am coming up on 25 years old and I have been struggling to quit taking ccc (dxm) for about 5 years now. It scares the shit out of me because I have been to the hospital from overdoses (when mixed with alcohol) over 5 times. This shit is no joke. I pray every day for the strength to avoid it but sometimes I end up just going and either shoplifting it, because I got used to that kind of thing after doing it for a long time, or buying it. Anybody who is on here glamorizing these drugs should really think twice. I have put myself and my loved ones through hell simply because of this stupid OTC medicine, and I am ashamed of that fact, not proud. I am on here to gain insight from others struggling with this, and to share my thoughts so that maybe even one person might think twice before choosing to do this drug. Since I've already said enough with this post I will keep it short, but my personal side effects from long term abuse with ccc include extreme constipation, bloody mucous, irregular heartbeat, rapid heartbeat, sweating way too much, and many other things. Anyways if anybody has anything POSITIVE that they can share with me I would appreciate it, and likewise if anyone has any questions I'd be happy to help.

^I didn't know enough before taking them. I had only researched the possible dangers of DXM before taking the little red devils. It was a "hey, let's trip tonight," type of scenario. Shame on me for not taking the time to research Coricidin beforehand.

If indeed both chemicals are metabolized by the same enzyme, then I am surprised an enzyme-deficient person hasn't sued the makers of Coricidin yet. Or maybe they have, and I just haven't heard about it.
It sucks, knowing that I've screwed my eyesight up permanently. I'd like for something good to come out of my foolishness, hence this thread...

Last edited:
0030031874012_500X500.jpg

^ these are like 5$ at walmart and dxm only. stop taking coricdrin unless you want to find out for yourself what the damage is

Im aware that there are other ingredients that are dangerous. Iv read that one million times on threads and what not. What im asking is, what are the effects of daily use. How long until i have permanent tunnel vision? How long until i die or my organs stop functioning normally?
Alot of the time my bones feel cramped up i guess. Kinda like i have artheritis or something. Ill clunch my knuckles very hard without noticing and my spine hurts.
it almost feel like i have scoliosis. even the weigh of my guitar make me hunch over. Is this for the c's? Has anyone heard of them affecting your joint or spine?

We don't know, everyone is different. What we do know is that daily use of CCCs will eventually result in severe health issues.

Complications can happen at any time. Don't be a fool to wait until a sign to stop. Drugs are risky to take to begin with, however with poisonous preparations like CCC it is truly only a matter of time. Nobody here knows how long because it depends on each person and a lot of factors. Plus the outcoming advice is always the same: find a DXM only product, this is SO not worth it.

For other reference see the CCC thread: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/403582-Coricidin-s-Long-Term-Negative-Effects

Status
Not open for further replies.