• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Thorazine questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeritchie30

Greenlighter
I take thorazine for schizoaffective disorder and I notice it gives me a mild benzo-like euphoria. Is this rare? I'm required to take 400 mg at once. Also, do you think I should talk to the psych doc about lowering my dose? I have sleep apnea and I think that's a dangerous dose as I take Benadryl as well.

Not many people consider benzos to be euphoric, and mistake a feeling of relief (like the relief from anxiety) with euphoria. You could be experiencing something similar. Some sort of relief from the symptoms that your diagnosed disorder has, from using the thorazine.

If you are concerned about the dosage of your medication, you need to talk to your doctor. We don't know your medical situation, nor are doctors treating you. If you feel your medication or dosage needs to be adjusted talk to your doctor. Also, if you are concerned about medicine reactions, like how benadryl may be reacting with the thorazine, talk to your doctor.

May I ask why you are talking benadryl? I honestly would avoid benadryl (diphenhydramine) if I was taking anti-psychotics like thorazine because of both drugs ability to produce tics and exacerbate nasty body movement related disorders

Also if you have Schizoaffective disorder you really shouldn't be using drugs recreationally.

Last edited:
I have never ever EVER experienced or heard of anyone experiencing euphoria from chlorpromazine.

yeah, go ahead and get rid of the post in the other forum. It didn't get a reply for over an hour so I posted it in this forum as well.

You don't need to posts a new thread, or bump an old thread because noone responded to your post. Learn some patience and the rules of the forum

was my fucking post removed from here or did i not post at all? so confused

Don't make duplicate threads. I'm going to close this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.