• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants anxiety from adderal/vyvanse?

transition213

Greenlighter
at the beginning of the school year i was put on adderal extended release 20 mg, this caused me to finally get straight A's and gave me much determination for school and sports. however after about a month many unwanted side effects became noticeable. these all occured about 2-3 hours after taking the pill (after the initial high) and continued untill i went to bed. I would become extremely aggravated and moody (unsocial) and worst of all there was the anxiety, i was a reck at night thinking about girls that might not like me back and all the things that could go wrong in my life. i believe i may have developed depression from the pill. so i decided to stop taking the medication and my mom was ok with it however since then my grades dropped to b's and c's. I really want to get into a good college so getting A's is very important to me. Recently i experimented with lorazepam for recreational purposes, and i felt extremely calm and worry free. i was wondering could i somehow use it to cure the anxiety i get from the adderal? or would that just cancel the effects? Thanks for reading

Also after telling my doctor about the anxiety he switched me to vyvanse and it did not help with the anxiety

maybe stimulants aren't right for you. vyvanse is the least anxiety-inducing stimulant in existence, at least from what i've tried (which is most stimulants), and it doesn't even feel like a stimulant at all! in fact it gives me munchies and I've easily fallen asleep during the peak effects! give it a week, see if it goes away, if not, than look for a non-stimulant ADD treatment.

I would talk with your doctor about how Vyvanse didn't help reduce the anxiety side effect.

idk i have a very low tolerance to amphetamines, and if i take enough vyvanse, i will feel geeked. 20mg usually gets me a nice stimulated effect all day

Maybe you can just use the adderall more sparingly, like just for writing papers and for studying for tests.

After a while, the pleasure effects of the medication become weaker and the stimulant side effects remain. You could ask to be moved onto a more pleasure-centered med such as dexedrine, vyvanse or desoxyn, however this will probably only offer a temporary solution as no amphetamine remains the same forever.

You may look into using L-Tryptophan an hour after dosing. I find it helps mellow out the "rigidness" of amphetamine. Pre-loading magnesium can also help promote muscle relaxation. Edit: (though magnesium is contained in adderall)

Maybe you can just use the adderall more sparingly, like just for writing papers and for studying for tests.

This is good advice.

20mg???? whats your usual adderall dose?

10-20mg addy IR. 10 for studying, 20 for more fun

awesome advice man! this man knows what;s up, listen to him! you definitely do not want to get addicted to amps, because then you lead to meth, and meth is one hell of a fucking drug, let me tell you as cliche as it sounds, do'nt do it, not even once

yea that makes sense, and ill probably just take one of the extra lorazepam's if the anxiety gets too bad. thanks!

10-20mg addy IR. 10 for studying, 20 for more fun

wow. damn. 70mg of vyvanse is barely enough to wake me up. adderall wakes me up in any dose (goddamn l-amp) but doesnt get me high until around 150mgs. Fuck tolerance.

awesome advice man! this man knows what;s up, listen to him! you definitely do not want to get addicted to amps, because then you lead to meth, and meth is one hell of a fucking drug, let me tell you as cliche as it sounds, do'nt do it, not even once

^this