• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids why do opiates cause a person to feel warm?

bbgirlclueless

Bluelighter
Dunno if the topic belongs here,so do move it to the appropriate section if it doesnt.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is not the best place your question.
However I will tell you that this warm sensation is a touch of euphoria brought on by the drug.
As time goes on, it will become harder and harder to reach this level of happiness, and at the same time you will find it harder and harder to stop trying to achieve these levels. Without any warning your world can be upside down, and nothing in life will give you back these sensations of euphoria.
Play it safe bro. You won't feel good for long.

oh man i love that warm feeling.
Why it happens? i don't know, dopamine release?

Last edited by a moderator:
it messes with your temperature regulator and makes you heat up like cocaine

oh man i love that warm feeling. On intervention a girl described it as having honey dripped all over you (i love honey). Why it happens? i don't know, dopamine release?
but do feel then that you're unable to sleep,sorta go into a trance like state/yen or twilight sleep,and are super tired plus dark circled in the morning?

I hurt my ear just now and it was throbbing so very bad i thought might as well take 1cc nubain and here i am feeling all hot and wide eyed

This is not the best place your question.
However I will tell you that this warm sensation is a touch of euphoria brought on by the drug.
As time goes on, it will become harder and harder to reach this level of happiness, and at the same time you will find it harder and harder to stop trying to achieve these levels. Without any warning your world can be upside down, and nothing in life will give you back these sensations of euphoria.
Play it safe bro. You won't feel good for long.
But if im feeling wtw symptoms and take the smallest amount to keep them at bay and go to work (im planning to quit next month,hope i can) i dont feel the euphoria at all,everyone else is wearing a sweater and i feel fine in a shirt and just keep doing my work.

^yeah that's the nodding

Please be careful with opiates though.

no not at all, i nod out sometimes but fall asleep after, have great sleeps as well.

^It also depends on the opiate, eg. I can sleep on codeine but not heroin. Must be some reason for that.

^It also depends on the opiate, eg. I can sleep on codeine but not heroin. Must be some reason for that.
Must be possible with milder opiates, codeine (?) i imagine it would be hard to sleep on h,its quite strong from what i read.

sorry for the triggering post, forgot i was in DS

morphine is pretty sedating, so i imagine heroin would be too

Then don't! It's not worth it and I think it's great if you're scared to do it as that's just that much more incentive to stay on the safe side. If you try heroin there's so many chances you'll regret it later.

TDS isn't really the place for this post.

Last edited:
yeah tds is the exact opposite of a place this should of been posted in

but almost every opiate makes you feel warm. Lower the strength, more you need to achieve the feeling.

the itchiness is caused by histamine release. if it bothers you, a benadryl or it's generic equivalent will do wonders.

opioids also can cause a lot of nausea, as many mentioned. phenagryn-promethazine-another antihistamine-really helps with it. you likely need a prescription for it though, so it's not available to everyone.

What helps me is having a small meal before I do any sort of psychoactive, likely-to-be-nausea inducing opioid. Too much food will make my stomach have a desire to vomit way more, so go easy with it. light meal means light.

the warmness is part of the high, and part of it is vasodilation in the capillaries close to the skin, but a lot of it is just the nature of the high of dope.

it's great yo

I'm going to move this over to Other Drugs, The Dark Side if not an appropriate place for this thread.

TDS --> OD