• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids DIY Oxynorm Nasal Spray. Likelihood of success?

dhcdavid

Ex-Bluelighter
Hi guys.

Need to pick your brains.... this one is too stoned to answer my question:

Namely instead of snorting oxynorm (pure oxycodone powder contained in oxynorm capsules) - which although effective gives quite a nasty drip even though it hits way quicker than swallowing the capsule as it is intended to be ingested - could I mix it into a liquid, put said oxy-liquid in a nasal spray bottle and spray away....... basically would it work?

I can't see why not.

And what liquid would be best to dissolve the oxy powder in......water? Something else?

Any thoughts on the matter would be greatly welcomed.

Now let me blow a couple of lines anyway while I wait for you guys to get back to me =D

Many thanks in advance and much love to all you fellow BLers around the world from a stoned fellow BLers in Brit-Country x

Anyone? Someone MUST know out there!

All oxy-phile BLers.... any thoughts on my nasal spray?

(Apologies if this has been covered already)

Oxycodone is best absorbed orally, like 20% stronger and more efficient than nasal administration.

If you don't care about wasting the oxycodone and probably causing some damage to your epithelial membranes in your nose. Some of this damage can be prevented by dissolving in a very small volume of liquid, preferably saline or sterile water. The vessel I would choose to use would be a 1mL syringe.

This has indeed been covered already many times so feel free to use the forum search engine.

Be careful if u use water, some water sources contain harmful bacteria and viruses and you are giving them direct access to your brain

Swallow your oxy on am empty stomach, snorting oxy is silly and naive

Many thanks tricomb.

My apologies for not being sufficiently dilligent to use the search engine first before posting my question......I'm therefore especially grateful for your informative and non-judgmental post in response.

If you feel this thread should now be closed that's cool. But if anyone else wants to jump in then please do!

And thanks to you too lacCster. Snorting oxy is indeed silly and naive. Lol. Well said indeed.

Is your oxy extended or instant release?

If IR then the only ROA that should be used is oral, its a little more understandable when people used to snort the old OC s

IR. It's called oxynorm and they're pure oxycodone capsules (mine are 10mg ones) which are commonly prescribed in the UK for BT pain in patients already taking a strong background opioid, such as my fentanyl.

I think this is a pretty biased topic. Hard data shows the oral BA of oxycodone to be higher than insufflating. Addicts/recreational users will tend to disagree.

In all regards, yes this would work and depending on your own personal interpretation could be more effective than oral dosing. Food for thought, if you have a large amount IE a scripts worth you need to figure out a proper mg/ml ratio, and titrate it up to your liking. Oxycodone is water soluble, and if the oxynorm capsules are what I am imagining would actually be a better formulation to use for such an experiment than say roxicodone or other IR oxycodone formulations, which I don't think there are many. If you properly filtered your solution after adjusting your mg/ml ratios the only thing you would have to think about is the best way to keep it for prolonged storage (bacteriostatic water). You could use saline for dilution if your outcome is too potent for your own personal needs. It really all boils down to trial and error, with the thought of wasting a scripts worth of pain medication that you might actually need.

Of course I could be retarded. I am just a little hillbilly from good ole Kentucky.
Do you want some Xanax with that fried chicken?

Why would you want to waste time and possibly oxycodone making it into a nasal spray? Take that stuff orally, especially oxynorm as it hits very hard.

Oxynorm powder isnt pure oxycodone, it has alot of insoluble fillers. Unless you can find a method of purifying it then dont bother. For Quicker effect empty the powder into a shot glass and a pinch of Bicarb(or Tums/Rennie/Calcichew) to increase bioavailability. (increasing pH does this). down it with the least amount of warm-hot water you can manage

Otherwise you'll need to use solvents or CWE method to extract. Very wasteful.