• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids do slow release formulation really work 12 hours?

Phat5o

Bluelighter
because in my experience especially with oxycontin or palexia (nucynta sr) they stop working sooner. say i take my evening dose at 8pm at night, i will probably wake up in withdrawals by 6am the next day...

did not experience this with mscontin.

is this normal? my doc seems to think you only need to take them am and pm and i'm not sure if he'll prescribe them to me any other way. i want to make sure this happens to other people as well, and not just me, before i go and speak to him about it.

the original OC's are 8hour time release according to the purdue website. the OP's, on the otherhand, are 12hours time release.

i am prescribed mscontin and they are 12hour release.

Medications also work differently on some people.

You also have to take in account for slow or fast body metabolism.

If you have a higher body temp some medications burn off faster or don't last as long.

If you feel you are not getting the pain relief you need talk to your dr. Always be honest and build a positive relationship with them. If they offer treatment take them, even if you don't agree with it like shots. If you refuse it can be seen as you are refusing treatments. Best luck to you.

still, at the end of the day they're designed to be released over those amounts of time. there would be studies out there proving such with an average means of time:)

Well I remember wit the old opana it actually did last a long time. Around 10 hours. So, I really didn't need more than 2 a day. But these new re-formulated opanas I had to ask my doctor to increase it to 3 times a day becuase these new ones only last 6 to 8 hours MAX.