• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Safe to take Klonopin later?

Brian242

Bluelighter
Hey all, about 9 hours ago I took 30mg Hydrocodone and 700mg Carisoprodol. Later around noon, I took another 5mg Hydro, and then 5 more mg Hydro at 3.

I would like to take 2-4 mg Klonopin tonight, but want to know if I should wait 6 hours or more after my last Hydrocodone dose to take them. Am I in the clear?

-Brian

whats your opiate tolerance like? honestly its never safe to mix opiates and benzo's but i think you'll be fine, id just take 1 mg check how you feel after an hour then take another one

whats your opiate tolerance like? honestly its never safe to mix opiates and benzo's but i think you'll be fine, id just take 1 mg check how you feel after an hour then take another one
Low to Medium tolerance. I stopped taking opiates 1 year after my scoliosis correction surgery and just started back up on it a few days ago.

Not true, they would co-prescribe them if they weren't *ever* safe...

Yea people have oxycodone and Xanax prescribed at the same time, etc

6 hours sounds good but 2-4 mg klonopin is a lot. Be careful and use good judgment.

It's not too terribly much...It's still a therapeutic dose (perhaps 4mg is the highest they Rx at a time, but therapeutic nonetheless). I personally won't feel any amount of benzo unless it's 80-100mg diazepam or 8-10mg of alprazolam (as far as recreational effects go).

It's not too terribly much...It's still a therapeutic dose (perhaps 4mg is the highest they Rx at a time, but therapeutic nonetheless). I personally won't feel any amount of benzo unless it's 80-100mg diazepam or 8-10mg of alprazolam (as far as recreational effects go).

are you kidding me? they both are heavy respiratory depressants, most overdoses are due to the combination of benzo's and opiates. and as far as HR, suggesting someone to take 8-10 mg of xanax is strait up ridiculous, especially with benzo's. just because they prescribe them, doesn't mean its safe by any means.

I didn't suggest that they take them. Reread my post. I stated that, that's what I require. Also not stating that anyone should do this, but I handled 44mg of clonazepam, 60mg of MS-Contin, and a 20µg/hr buprenorphine patch without incurring any respiratory depression. ONCE AGAIN, I did not suggest anyone dose as recklessly as I have in the past, but co-prescribed benzodiazepines and opioids is pretty safe (assuming they aren't abused) in comparison to back in the day when they would co-prescribe opioids and barbiturates. Now that, isn't safe. All that I stated in my previous post is that 2-4mg isn't as large of a dose as it was made out to be.

At 20µg/hr, it doesn't come close to fully saturating receptors, and there's also the full-agonist metabolite, norbuprenorphine.