• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Ok so, Who exactly is in control here!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyshcocentric

Bluelighter
I once made a thread that was about how my meth use wasn't causing any problems... well that was for all intents and purposes the methamphetamine writing. before i go any further i want to make it clear that i am not suffering any type of psychotic episode, im only writing in this fashion to better explain how I perceive it. I have been wanting/trying to quit from the first 2 or 3 days and i am still using it daily for 40 or so days straight, its like my intentions and what methamphetamine actually does are total opposites. The most headway i have made is that i use slightly less per day (that sounded dumb even typing it, its still daily)and still end up smoking as if "oh, its no big deal".

I have complete understanding of the dangers of meth and got into it honestly having NO idea of its mentally debilitating nature, I am pretty sure i know what I need to help with my sobriety and that is mental strength. I have over come many drugs in my 9 years of abuse, but none of them have been like this in any way. i am truly worried because i seem to have little control over this, i was a Corporal in the U.S Army and learned allot of self discipline as well as physical and metal strengths, I am not used to having limited control over thought process. Is this how methamphetamine addiction is? it is seriously as if i completely consciously know i need to stop or suffer serious consequences, but yet subconsciously it is justified in some way,and ill buy more. Has anyone else delt with this "loss" of certain subconscious feelings and actions? or at least have some experience in the area of methamphetamine addiction and the psychological effects of it?

(i know people will think that i am just letting the drug win(shit, maybe so help me stop), giving up or even dont care enough to stop it. i understand that and if you can work that in a constructive manner to help me quit i would like that, how ever you can type what ever you like about my predicament)

This is why you need to rid all your options of getting any meth if you are trying to stop.

Delete dealers numbers, smash your pipes and flush your stash.

did I read this corrently, you have been going daily for 40 days?! I have never done meth but vaped MDPV and it is a similar affliction when trying to stop.

This is why you need to rid all your options of getting any meth if you are trying to stop.

did I read this corrently, you have been going daily for 40 days?! I have never done meth but vaped MDPV and it is a similar affliction when trying to stop.

yes that is correct, everyday is more discouraging than the last... im REAL worried about the comedown and withdrawal. and cant quite bring myself to rid myself but i am ready to stop, thats not the problem... like i said its got me like nothing i have ever used

Had a similar experience with IV MDPV. Stimulants like Methamphetamine are incredibly addictive, as much as opiates IMO, though in a different way.
The problem with quitting after long term use is that your brain stops producing dopamine on its own for the most part, and relies on the stimulant to maintain a feeling of normality, though continued use will inevitably bring you to a place of psychosis as well. It's a real shit situation to be in, because getting clean means you're going to have to tough out a long suspended period of what can sometimes be a crippling depression, but there's really no other option as continuing to use is going to become increasingly more self destructive and you'll be more debilitated by the psychosis and other mental effects of long term amphetamine binges.

One of the toughest drugs for me to kick was MDPV which is similar to methamphetamine in that it is a long acting stimulant, which results in sleep deprivation and psychosis when used continuously. I went through a gram of MDPV in two weeks (I was shooting that garbage too), and as I realized that my supply was running low, I found out that PV had just been banned in NYC, so there was no way I was getting more (at the time, a very frightening revelation). However, around day twelve or so, I suffered an episode of intense psychosis due to combining PV with phenazepam, that I became just worn out by the prospect of using. When I ran out and my last shot wore off, I really freaked. I basically spent the next month in bed, waking up and then knocking myself out with benzo's.. It was a nightmare, I couldn't even find the motivation to make some money to buy some coke, which was what I was using the MDPV as a replacement for in the first place. However, the pain did come to an end after about six to eight weeks, and I'm sure that has I taken better care of myself, I would have recovered sooner. Like FlippingTop said, delete your connections so that when you finish your stash its that much harder to pick up again.

Fuck man, 6-8 weeks is one fucking long recovery period from MDPV, that must have been fucking hell.
The crippling depression from dopamine down regulation really is a bitch...

Sounds like the OP is using little bits daily? and sleeping? I am more hoping that guessing. Seriously pyshcocentric you need to flush the stash now.
Get some healthy food in, and a few benzos if you can OP. Not experienced with meth but you really are going to be on the boarder of a psychotic episode if you continue.

yea i only have like some pipe resin i smoked earlier, but the dude is coming back to town tomorrow... erased all traces of him in my phone, but i know he will call me... i just hope im not feining real bad when he does, but im prescribed seroquel so im just gonna sleep for a couple days and hopefully wake up not feeling to bad. i threw my shit out like 2 or 3 days ago and just bought new stuff, but for real dont think its because i dont want to quit its just i have a extremely addictive personality, and thats were i have real issues and it what i was kinda trying to explain on the OP is that i could fein for like a split second and literally next thing i know im exhaling smoke... thats how it feels. honestly i feel like i have you alter reality all the time... i was doing just fine when i was only using pot (smoking pot for 9 years, stopped when i picked up this shit) im gonna start smoking pot again....

but yes i would smoke about .2 a day, and i actually got the munchies on it ate allot(trust me its not bogus) and always had a bottle of water, the sleep was a lil different i would sleep like every other day or maybe up for 2 days...

Meth's weird, it actually makes some people nod out after the initial stimulation in a similar fashion to heroin. That's good that you're getting sleep.

It's definately true that hard drugs like methamphetamine, cocaine, heroin etc.. Do fuck with your head and confuse you when it comes to what YOU want in regards to continuing to use or to quit. In the end I don't think it really matters. You know you have to, sooner than later, and that HAS to be enough..

Meth's weird, it actually makes some people nod out after the initial stimulation in a similar fashion to heroin. That's good that you're getting sleep.

It's definately true that hard drugs like methamphetamine, cocaine, heroin etc.. Do fuck with your head and confuse you when it comes to what YOU want in regards to continuing to use or to quit. In the end I don't think it really matters. You know you have to, sooner than later, and that HAS to be enough..

yea thanks and you know i was real worried about this but now its happening so... im ready to go ahead and start so i can be done, so many people talka bout how good it feels to be done after a long binge or run... and i get it cuz this isnt cool or fun anymore...

thank you to everyone!

It all sounds typical of methamphetamine. I am not in a position where I can type very much but I've been through it too, methamphetamine is one helluva drug, pretty much unlike anything we've encountered before.

The thing is, it's all psychological. There isn't really any physical aspect to it, except some lethargy during withdrawals but that's about it, unlike opioids where you have the psychological AND physical drive to continue, although IMO what meth lacks in physical aspects, it makes up for in its extreme psychological cravings.

Wouldn't it be great if we could all get spun in the morning and be superman everyday? Just back out quick before you actually fall for this delusion. You've recognized that there is a control problem. That's the first step. The next part is either you realize whats happening to you and you stop doing meth to compensate.... OR continue using and further solidify delusions that you will find a way to both stop the inevitable problems AND get high.

I recommend that you just quit cold turkey. There's no need to taper amphetamines. Everytime I stop doing crystal I get cravings for a few days, it's intense for 48h but then it's easy from there.

It all sounds typical of methamphetamine. I am not in a position where I can type very much but I've been through it too, methamphetamine is one helluva drug, pretty much unlike anything we've encountered before.

The thing is, it's all psychological. There isn't really any physical aspect to it, except some lethargy during withdrawals but that's about it, unlike opioids where you have the psychological AND physical drive to continue, although IMO what meth lacks in physical aspects, it makes up for in its extreme psychological cravings.

Wouldn't it be great if we could all get spun in the morning and be superman everyday? Just back out quick before you actually fall for this delusion. You've recognized that there is a control problem. That's the first step. The next part is either you realize whats happening to you and you stop doing meth to compensate.... OR continue using and further solidify delusions that you will find a way to both stop the inevitable problems AND get high.

I recommend that you just quit cold turkey. There's no need to taper amphetamines. Every time I stop doing crystal I get cravings for a few days, it's intense for 48h but then it's easy from there.

has anyone used for 3-5 weeks everyday, eat regular, and stay hydrated, slept every other night or every night? or can you give some input for what I might be in for?
speculations are welcome... i just want to have an idea... just the way i am i guess lol

I'm sorry man but we can't have this thread going in two forums, I wasn't aware you already had this identical thread going in TDS. If you're asking about what you might be in for in regards to withdrawals, as I said, I wouldn't worry too much. You'll feel lazy, sleepy, and unmotivated at best, nothing more severe than that. Yeah I've used everyday for more than 5 weeks and ate regularly, stayed hydrated, slept as much as possible, took supplements......

Just stop putting the meth in your body, and stop putting your body in situations where you'll be around meth.

Status
Not open for further replies.