• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids 350mg tramadol safe?

jeah

Bluelighter
took 150 at 6pm. 50mg more at 8, 50 at 10 and 50 at midnight. finally feeling it well. no opiate tolerance. I have had 2mg of clonazepam and 1200mg of gabapentin to combat any potential seizures. had 40mg of ritalin 24 hours ago.

yes, you should be fine if you are handling it in combination with the clonazepam and gabapentin.

it's not recommended to dose higher than 400mg within 24 hours because of the seizure threshold related to tramadol. as you said the clonaze will help combat this.

k, cool. was worried about the ritalin. being a TRI and all..

Tramdol is a dirty drug. It works on neurotransmitters noreperniphrine and I believe seritonin. It attaches weakly to Mu receptors.

Tramdol max daily dose is 400mg. Opiate nieve people should feel something on 50mg dosage.
Tramdol also interacts with ssri and other antidepressants. It causes seritonin syndrone. Very serious complication/ condition.

If your not use to gabapentin that's a massive dose. Then your adding a benzo to the mix.

It is very wise to ask for advice before taking all these medications then asking will I be ok?

I would suggest that you don't take any more medications. If someone can sit with you that would be a good idea.

Don't take anything else. You may feel like your superman bit your not.

Be careful and be safe.

With no opioid tolerance that makes that dose potentially risky in that it could be too sedating, esp. when combined with a benzo and gabapentin. That dose for anyone, also, increases risk of seizure by lowering the seizure threshold, but you have taken the clonazepam and gabapentin. I don't know your benzo tolerance or tolerance to gabapentin, but that would be TOO much altogether in combination if you had no tolerance to benzos or gabapentin. I would not suggest dosing that high on the tramadol again - lower doses can be satisfying when you use split-dose or re-dose techniques to get more o-desmethyltramadol metabolized by the liver. Even if you had opioid tolerance, that is just too much in that period IMO. Because you did re-dose as you did, that is a bit of a relief, as you did dose over 6 hours, but still TOO much to be safe. I would be worried about getting to sedated at this dose with no opioid tolerance + the GABAergics, but taking a stimulant is NOT a good idea on top of it all. Just monitor yourself carefully, I'd say. Tramadol and its metabolite have pretty long half-lives, and with the doses you took you could still be feeling it well into tomorrow. The tramadol's effect may peak even more because of the re-dosing you did, and the time it takes for metabolization of tramadol into o-desmethyltramadol to occur. So, don't think that you are necessarily on the come-down as far as the effects, you could be increasingly effected as time goes by, so again monitor yourself carefully, and I would adivse not to go to sleep.

I understand and appreciate all that you said Coraline. I take 1mg of clonazepam and 1200mg of gabapentin daily. i had a very small dose of morphine a few days ago but hadn't had opiates in a month before that. I do need 20mg of oxy to get a lil high. not like 10mg way back in the day lol. and if I were to use daily it would skyrocket to 100mg in a week or less I bet.
and tramadol is dirty. that's why I wanted to ask the question.

and Alex, yea i remember that about tramadol. i don't think the risk is worth it i guess. Most I ever took before was like 200-250mg. I also had the ritalin yesterday.. that's what was really worrying me. seems it has negated some of the tramadols effects or something. 1 more 50mg seems safe but i guess not?

also, how would you suggest i dose tramadol in the future. I have little/zero opiate tolerance.

so do you guys think sedation or serotonin syndromn/seizures is the biggest risk? I am hardly sedated hell I might just take a mg of alprazolan instead of tramadol. seems wasteful though imo after taking 2mg clonazepam.

Don't take another 50 mg - you really have had plenty, and the effects will continue on strong as they are. In the future, I would suggest you try dosing 50 mg, then 50 mg an hour later, or maybe 75 mg then 75 mg an hour later if you can handle higher doses. Split-dosing like this will lead to more production of o-desmethyltramadol, which really causes the opioid effects. I would not really go above 150 mg in a dose even if over an hour or a few hours. Just my suggestion and advice.

Split-dosing like this will lead to more production of o-desmethyltramadol, which really causes the opioid effects

+1

staggered dosing is the go.

thanks for the advice. i'm going to try 75-75-75 next time. i don't think 225 is too much. 300-350 is borderline nasty though. so ya, no more. thanks all.

I wouldn't do that 75-75-75. Try 50-50-50, if you want - you might be pleasantly surprised at how nice it can make you feel when the dose is split into several smaller doses.

i would love to see some evidence of that. I remember 150mg being a "sweet spot" when i took it for a while half a decade ago. I always took it in one dose though. I mean, gabapentin is the ultimate stagger drug. not even comparable if you took 300mgX6 every hour vs 1800 at once. does tramadol have a dramtic difference like gaba? I know the metabolite is what is responsibe for the mu activity. do you have any info of how long this process takes? I understand the halfife is ~ 8 hours.

Too right seizure threshold is 400mg When I had a real bad virus I was on more till my doc read the leaflet and lowered the dose. Peace.

Caroline "the moderator"; not to start any beef with you, but to come out stating that Tramadol is a "dirty drug", is unfair..I've been taking Tramadol for a while now, knowing full well of all of it's properties. Just because it may also be an SNRI doesn't mean it's exactly dirty. For example, It works well for me in not only reducing pain but also as an effective anti-depressant. I'll also say to the original post that no, it's absolutely not safe to take 350mg of Tramadol, especially if you're seizure prone and on top of that, have no opiate tolerance..I would be careful if I were you, 'jeah'.

I hear you were trying to combat seizures but its not wise to mix 2 different CNS depressants on top of a dose of an opiate.
This can lead to respitory depression and death. This should be your main concern, not seizures.

took 150 at 6pm. 50mg more at 8, 50 at 10 and 50 at midnight. finally feeling it well. no opiate tolerance. I have had 2mg of clonazepam and 1200mg of gabapentin to combat any potential seizures. had 40mg of ritalin 24 hours ago.

i've almost seized on 250mgs, but i had no tolerance and didnt take a benzo, so i would imagine that you will be just fine.
if you add a stimulant to the mix, you will seize out and possibly die.

Staggered dosing is the way to go if you want opioid effects from the M1 metabolite (O-Desmethyltramadol). M1 an extremely powerful MOR agonist that is even more competitive at the MOR than a blocking dosage of buprenorphine. Used as an opioid, tramadol is essentially a prodrug, since the parent compound's (tram's) MOR binding affinity is too weak to be useful in those that have insufficient CYP2D6 activity (the liver enzyme that converts tram -> M1).

All this misinformation on tramadol in recent threads coming from Bluelighters, of all people, is irritating. Please research O-Desmethyltramadol, the pharmacokinetics of tramadol, CYP2D6 variance between populations, staggered dosing, etc. before making any unsubstantiated claims like "tramadol is weak" or it's a "useless opioid," and please label those as personal anectodes. Just because tramadol is useless as an opioid for you, doesn't mean it is for someone else.

In my many experiences with it, tramadol is an incredibly powerful opioid prodrug. In experience, as 50mg tramadol is more powerful than 10mg hydrocodone, and lasts much longer. I credit this to a much higher amount of copies of the 2D6 allele relative to the average person. Tramadol's one of my favorite drugs; it's such a well-balanced drug when used at less than 100-150mg/day.

Last edited: