• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tripping out when i try to sleep on oxycodone ??

EEhouseEE

Bluelighter
OK this is really startrin to bother me. Whenever i do an opiate late and then try to go to sleep, i fall into this trippy state where i start panicking and gettin scared. Happens always with oxycodone. The high is all nice and everfything but when i try to go to sleep i get all tripped out and shit and go into wierd dream states.

Does this happen to anyone else, how is ur sleep on most opiates ??

that's basically what is referred to as nodding. try dosing less or earlier on in the evening to maybe try and avoid it if it is undesired. oxycodone, by many people, can be somewhat stimulating between certain doses, as are other opioids with other people.

i know if i dose too high it is likely to happen to myself, oxy mainly. morphine is pretty notorious for "morphine dreams" aka nodding, what you've described above. but distinctly different in some ways as morphine is a lot more sedating. i find myself having lucid dreams on it quite often, though, never experience any anxiety from it.

Opiates I know help promote deep stage 4 REM sleep, which is the stage of sleep where one dreams.

Personally if i stay up late on opiates I get visual disturbances, but not necessarily the same as a psychedelic. Like a spot on a wall that looks like a bug and flies off in my peripherals, but when I look directly at the wall it is a plain wall.

There is the possibility that you may not even have opiates if you are not getting them directly from the pharmacy. Jus' saying

Your are nodding and having closed eye visuals.

Your state of mind has a direct effect on how your body reacts to medications.

I would def take lower dosage or take a break.

Sleeping on opiates is usually difficult to achieve due to this effect...Like others have said, take less, or take earlier so the effects wear off in time to sleep.

Last time I took morphine I had some really weird sleep hallucinations, just before I fell asleep I had a squirrel come into my room. Was quite fun trying to stroke it and realising it wasn't real. Also had some prick kneel on my nutsack - even felt the pain. Weird shit.

This used to always happen to me on heroin.. For some reason, possibly tolerance :/, I don't get it anymore. For me I would experience the usual warmth associated with opiates, and when I'd lay down to bed, right as I'd begin to drift off into sleep, I'd jerk back up in a panic. It often felt as if I was experiencing a sense of inevitable doom.. Like I knew something really sick and disturbing was going to happen. Sometimes I would even hear strange screams or sense that there was some kind of ghoul in my room.. I don't know what the cause is, the way I'm describing all this would make one think shooting dope was a terrifying experience, but after coming out of these weird states of panic, Id slip back into that morphine induced fog that makes it all seem okay.

Lets say i would like to try this oxy stuff your talking about but is it an rc or a pharmaceutical medication that can only be perscribed ?

lol i was the same way when i was opiate naive. i thought i would never woke up which would lead to anxiety which would lead to taking a benzo and then finally leading to blacking or passing out

Lets say i would like to try this oxy stuff your talking about but is it an rc or a pharmaceutical medication that can only be perscribed ?

oxycodone is an pharm opioid analgesic. unless you've got chronic pain and have a prescription for it you're left to score if from a dealer.

Oxy is not a drug.... I view it as a version of two separate natural opiates (codeine/morphine), which have been structurally modified. To put it basically there is oxy/hydro versions of codeine and morphine, which are usually made from another inactive opiate thebaine when pharmaceutical companies produce it. It is not a drug for recreation and I would not recommend trying it unless you have an actual physical injury that leaves you with chronic pain as well as will heal over time. If it is an injury you can do nothing about you want to learn to live with it rather than rely on opiates, which are damn near impossible to support unless you spend your life working on supporting it. Definitely not something to try or to use for fun.

and it's synthed from thebaine content within certain poppies, nothing to do with morphine/codeine; they're seperate alkaloids.

tried combing his hair said:
^Oxycodone is a drug.

and a hell of a good drug at that

^Oxycodone is a drug.
I never said oxycodone was not... I said Oxy was not.... That is a slang term derived from the prefix of oxycodone usually, but also possibly oxymorphone.

Edit: Tentram stop telling everyone that oxycodone has no relation to codeine as well as oxymorphone to morphine... They are related compounds... While pharmaceutical companies usually produce it from thebaine containing poppies as those are easier to grow in mass without opium being leaked into the black market to be converted into heroin. Morphine and codeine can be converted into their hydro and oxy counterparts... Stop spreading misinformation.

Edit 2: Compare codeine and oxycodone with morphine and oxymorphone below and I dare you to keep trying to say they are unrelated to each other just because pharmaceutical companies use another similar compound to make it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=File:Codein_-_Codeine.svg&page=1

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=File:Oxycodone.svg&page=1

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=File:Morphin_-_Morphine.svg&page=1

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=File:Oxymorphone_2D_structure.svg&page=1

Hell here is the inactive compound thebaine you are talking about too...

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=File:Thebaine_skeletal.svg&page=1

They are all VERY structurally similar, but there are 3 different effects being the k opiate receptor the first two mainly work on, the mu receptor the second two mainly work on, and the last one that is inactive, but naturally produced along with the first and third compound in the opium poppy. Seriously get your facts straight before you go fact checking others.

Last edited:
Oxy is not a drug... It is slang commonly used for oxycodone, which could easily also be slang for OXYmorphone. Both very different compounds in effect and molecular structure even though they share the same oxy prefix... Seriously why is everyone fighting me on this? I am just trying to tell the OP to not use slang and use the full chemical name.... Especially when he is using something that can easily refer to 2 different compounds. Really people here are just freaking retarded... I don't even know why I try anymore at this point...

Edit: It also may be use for recreational use, but it is a VERY stupid and irresponsible choice of recreational drug to use to do the fact it can easily lead to harm... I think for a harm reduction board this fact should be VERY stressed to reduce harm and not to make dangerous compounds look like a fun high when there are much better things such as cannabis for recreational use. Seriously all these childish desires to just do drugs to make yourself happy is why we have the drug wars...

Idk man I don't think we can slam people for calling oxycodone "oxy". You can though. Totally fair game to hold your own opinions, I cringe when people use words like "Zanex", we all have triggers. I just think it might be disruptive to demonize "oxy" in a thread about oxycodone where the only mention of oxymorphone was in your post. I don't know any oxymorphone users who refer to it as oxy, IMO they all call it Opana, octagons, oxymorph, etc.

Also, I disagree with the last part of your post. Cannabis works great for some but is not a universal panacea.
Just my $0.02