• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids First opioid to try

Status
Not open for further replies.

rizmatter

Bluelighter
Zero experience with opioids.
Highly intrigued with what they may offer.
Where should one start?

Gratzi

Depends on your region. If you are from the US, most people start out with 5-10mg of hydrocodone (Vicodin). Others start off by taking their friend's Tylenol 3 (30mg codeine = 5mg hydrocodone) Just make sure you do a Cold Water Extraction if you take more than 1500mg APAP in 24 hours.

Opiates are extremely addictive, and they pull you in a very insidious way, so I can't recommend getting in to opiates if you don't need them for legitimate pain issues. If you do proceed, NEVER move on to powerful opioids like oxycodone for recreational purposes, and NEVER plug, IV, or snort opiates, as this makes them even more intense, and consequently, even more addictive.

Basic dosing questions like this are best reserved for BDD in the future, good luck!

id say take 2 percocets (5mg oxycodone in each)chew them, if your not feeling much take a third.
i started off with 20mg of oxy first opiate expereince.

i started off with 20mg of oxy first opiate expereince.

And this is why your location reads "cant remember, nodded out." 20mg of oxy for a first time experience is simply too good of an experience NOT to get addicted to... not putting you down, just trying to reduce harm by giving good advice to the OP. Your 10mg of oxy advice is good, but is still too much for most people. They will either puke or become extremely euphoric and fall in love instantly.

and i agree with ergic, opiates are extremly addictive, im just gettin off them now through an addiction centre. ive used every single ROA with opiates.
its also a VERY expensive addiction, and the withdrawls are hell, im currently going through the withdrawls and staying clean, im on clonazepam to help withdrawls.

And this is why your location reads "cant remember, nodded out." 10-20mg of oxy for a first time experience is simply too good NOT to get addicted to...

my location was just a joke lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much, a very informant reply. Short + sweet. In the UK btw

(reply to ergic)

In the UK you have codeine, dihydrocodeine (DHC) and small amounts of morphine available OTC. I recommend going with either codeine or DHC.

well you can start with any opaite you want. Id start with weaker ones tho to keep your tolerance from growing to quickly.

codeine / hydrocodone (viciodin) / oxycodone ( percocet , oxycottin )

those are the 3 opiates most people try for there first time. Any of the 3 will get the job done.

codeine | 175-250 mg
hydrocodone | 30mg
Oxycodone | 20mg

all those above doses are roughly equivalent to each other and should produce similar effects. There at the higher end of the spectrum for a first time user but youll be fine as long as your not a 5' 3" 100lb girl. go big or go home.

If I were you I would choose codiene as it is VERYYY euphoric and you wont be able to use it later when your tolerance is to high. I would choose hydro after that as it is also very euphoric and made for people with minimal tolerance. Oxy was never my cup of tea. But its many peoples favorite opiate and its what they abuse the most before switching to heroin.

hope you dont look back at this thread 2 years from now with everything you own at the pawn shop and all of your friends and family gone.

Its unlikely but it happens. Just dont underestimate the power of opiates. Just use on the weekends or every other weekend and you wont have a problem.

If you have any questions or conserns feel free to PM me or just post in this thread and im sure myself or someone else will be glad to help you.

Thank you very much, a very informant reply. Short + sweet. In the UK btw

(reply to ergic)

Start with something milder like codeine or vicodin, before moving onto something stronger. Why start with oxy when there is a range of weaker opiates out there that will give you a nice warm buzz without starting on the higher end of the spectrum.

Start with something milder like codeine or vicodin, before moving onto something stronger. Why start with oxy when there is a range of weaker opiates out there that will give you a nice warm buzz without starting on the higher end of the spectrum.

Thanks sounds like sound advice. No mention of morphine from anyone, how does that differ from codeine/vicodin?
What would be a sensible starting dose for codeine or vicodin in your honest opinion.

Thanks sounds like sound advice. No mention of morphine from anyone, how does that differ from codeine/vicodin?
What would be a sensible starting dose for codeine or vicodin in your honest opinion.

I listed good doses above. Those doses will get you a REALLL nice high and show you what opiates are all about.

morphine is good and its "the opiate". id do like 40mg of morph a little more if its the er version.

codiene turns into morphine in your body but codiene is mich more euphoric. use it while you can.

so can you get any opiate you want ? I dought you can. let us know what your ganna get and we can help you better from there

Morphine is much more sedating, and is similar to heroin without as intense of a rush and euphoria, as heroin acts a prodrug to morphine that crosses the BBB much quicker. Morphine is too powerful and too addictive for your purpose. For reasons I don't yet understand, natural opioids like morphine and codeine are more addictive and induce more cravings than semi-synthetic ones like hydrocodone or DHC.

I would start off at 5mg hydrocodone, but since you're in the UK, 30mg of codeine (equivalent to 5mg Vicodin). Just make sure to do a CWE properly if you are buying those 8mg co-codamols OTC.

Stick to kratom, codeine, hydrocodone, DHC, and tramadol with the oral ROA only. Sticking with weaker opioids and oral administration will greatly cut down on the chances of addiction and will make walking away from an addiction worlds easier than craving an intense high from snorted or plugged opiates. Don't insufflate or take a huge dose even once, because then you will set the bar higher and you will never be satisfied with a weaker oral ROA.

From another thread on Bluelight:
You have to police your own tolerance. If you find it is increasing too much, then you have to cut back on your use. Also, don't take higher doses than you need, and if your dose no longer gets you high, then instead of increasing the dose, take a break instead.

I agree, this is the best advice you can give to an opioid user. Instead of chasing the high by raising your dose and never catching that dragon that you played with during the honeymoon period, take a little break, or just chill on a maintenance dosage, which is 25% your usual dose just to avoid sickness, then you can play with the dragon again in a couple of weeks.

You can either spend your whole opioid career chasing that dragon every day and never catching it, and end up with unsatisfying morphine blue balls, or you can play with the dragon when the time is right and let it fly away when it wants.

first time i got high on opioids i took 300mgs codeine and discovered a new and brutally beatiful world from where there was no turning back.
start slow, tolerance builds fast. enjoy it while it last, because it never lasts long enough.
i'd recommend shit like tramadol or dihydrocodeine as starting drugs.
or even better, don't start at all. all in all, i don't know if it's worth it.

We arent here to tell you which opiate is the best to start off with. You should avoid them all together if you want to avoid risking a lifelong battle with addiction. Of course, the best course of action if you must experiment with this incredibly addictive class of drugs, would be to start with the weakest opiates/opioids (codeine, hydrocodone), so you at least don't spike your tolerance unnecesairily high to begin with.

Please just grab a beer this opiate habit way to hard to cope with. It comes on fast and takes no time till u are doing stuff you wished you hadn't.

Opiates make you feel good. They are addictive.

I say don't take them for fun. I take them to keep pain away.

If you get a high tolerance to opiates, when you need them for horrible pain, it will not work. You will lay there and suffer wishing you never played with them.

This is my word of advice.

Bluelight is a harm reduction site. I don't see any real harm reduction to your post. You were given some good advice.

I say stay away from opiates for recreation. If you haven't started don't.

If you have any questions please feel free to message me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.