• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Robert's taper guide for suboxone?

outoftown

Bluelighter
Hi everyone - I've been in a long hard struggle/battle with opiates for the last 2 years. My use has been almost entirely pain related (as my reason for taking). I was taking oxycodone 90mg a day for roughly a year. 6 weeks ago I switched to suboxone...8mg-10mg a day...and tapered down to 2-4mg a day. However, as most on suboxone in my position have realized...suboxone is not great for pain management. So my doctor switched me back to a combo oxycontin/oxycodone. It was a low dose - 10mg oxycontin twice per day...5mg oxycodone to be taken up to 6 times per day. However during the 5-6 days on this I felt like crap...roller coaster ride of mild-moderate withdrawal. It barely subsided. I quickly worked down to 30mg yesterday (1 10mg oxycontin and 4 5mg oxycodone's). woke up feeling awful today. It had been almost 24 hours since I took oxycontin and 12 hours since I took an oxycodone...I still had plenty of 8mg suboxone pills left...so I decided enough is enough with this. The oxy dose was not controlling my pain any better than the suboxone was...AND...I was dealing the withdrawal all day long. I'm sick of all this...so I'm going to deal with the pain in my own way...non-medications. I took a 2mg suboxone about an hour ago and slowly I'm feeling "normal" again. I found "Robert's suboxone taper" online...does anyone have any experience or opinion on this? I may need to take another 2mg suboxone today to stabilize on 4mg a day. We'll see tonight. But my plan is to follow Robert's taper plan and decrease 25% every 4 days until I'm off and clear of this shit for good!

Any advice or experience anyone can share? I love this site...its been a saving grace for me over the last 2 years and I'll never stop visiting it...even to help those in my shape once I am finally clear of opiates. Dealing with pain just doesnt compare to what i've gone through with this crap. All of this use and changing has been with the knowledge and support of my doctor (although I think i'd like to taper off suboxone quicker than he does).

Thanks everyone! I can honestly say things would have been much difficult for me without the wonderful people on here!

I actually dropped my dosages by 50%.

It should work pretty well. I found that after the third day at the new lowered dosage, you are pretty much adjusted (by day four). Suboxone is completely eliminated from the system in about 12 days, so I would always stay at the new dose for about two weeks before lowering again, figuring I would be completely shedding the past half life's of my previous dosage (haha strange way to put it, sounds mystical)

haha does sound mystical! Thank you Znegative! This helps me a lot to understand! It's been a difficult few months battling this and at times I've been alone (contacting my doctor without hearing back for weeks at a time).