• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Not getting histamine response from Codeine, and how often can I take as a novice?

R3PTIL3

Greenlighter
I'm 16, Male, 5'8" and about 125lb's, so I don't have a lot of mass, firstly.

At about 12:25pm today I did a Cold Water Extraction of 4 Solpadol tablets 30/500, equalling roughly 120mg's of Codeine. I chugged the lot on a nearly empty stomach (I had a egg beforehand, but hadn't had anything else all morning, so was still hungry) and waited. It took 20 minutes before I really felt anything at all and half an hour before I felt spaced out, numb and like I couldn't feel much (obviously the painkiller taking effect). However, it wasn't a lot in terms of effects and I hardly had any itching at all, no nausea either. Pretty much none of the normal side effects you would expect with Opiates? It's 1:05pm right now and I'm hardly feeling high any more, just feel a bit spaced out (Had about 5 mins of intense euphoria 10 - 15 mins after taking it, other than that hardly anything really)?

How long does this normally take to kick in and roughly what kind of dose would you expect an Opiate novice to be taking? (Never taken Opiates before, except when I broke my leg a few years ago) I would've thought 120mg's would've done more?

Also, would it be safe to take another 4 tablets (Cold water Extraction) tonight? Or would it be better to wait until tomorrow?

*edit* Also, how long would a Codeine solution remain active? Would I be able to perform a Cold Water Extraction now and then consume in roughly 12 hours if it was in a sealed bottle?

I'm 16, Male, 5'8" and about 125lb's, so I don't have a lot of mass, firstly.

At about 12:25pm today I did a Cold Water Extraction of 4 Solpadol tablets 30/500, equalling roughly 120mg's of Codeine. I chugged the lot on a nearly empty stomach (I had a egg beforehand, but hadn't had anything else all morning, so was still hungry) and waited. It took 20 minutes before I really felt anything at all and half an hour before I felt spaced out, numb and like I couldn't feel much (obviously the painkiller taking effect). However, it wasn't a lot in terms of effects and I hardly had any itching at all, no nausea either. Pretty much none of the normal side effects you would expect with Opiates? It's 1:05pm right now and I'm hardly feeling high any more, just feel a bit spaced out (Had about 5 mins of intense euphoria 10 - 15 mins after taking it, other than that hardly anything really)?

How long does this normally take to kick in and roughly what kind of dose would you expect an Opiate novice to be taking? (Never taken Opiates before, except when I broke my leg a few years ago) I would've thought 120mg's would've done more?

Also, would it be safe to take another 4 tablets (Cold water Extraction) tonight? Or would it be better to wait until tomorrow?

How opiate naive are you? Have you ever taken vicodin or or anything going up the ladder? im gonna show u something check this out

*on a scale from strongest to weakest

Pure heroin
|
|
|
|
|
The old Oxys
|
|
|
|
oxy hydro
|
|
|
Codeine = The weakest of all. It also has a ceiling dose of 400 mgs so if you didn't feel much on 120 id move up to at least 2-300 Codeine i dont even feel unless i smoke a ton of weed.

We need to know your level of experience with opiates to give you a good answer but I doubt 300mgs is going to give u an od if u took 120 and were fine. It's great that you are CWEing but you could probably take 7 normally and be under the daily tylenol limit and be at 210. When you CWE you're probably losing 30-50% so you really only did two pills try just taking 4 or 5 and see how that feels.

I'm completely Opiate naive. I smoke a lot of weed (Will probably smoke almost a gram a day), but otherwise never taken Opiates. No vicodin or anything. The only thing I take regularly is Imodium (Loperamide), however I understand as per psuedoephedrine it cannot cross the blood brain barrier. (I normally take 1 - 2 Imodium per day, for IBS)

I'm worried about the amount of Paracetamol in the pills, taking 4 or 5 would mean I'd be taking anywhere from 2000mg's - 2500mg's of Paracetamol which seems pretty dangerous.

If I cold water extract 4 tablets now and put the solution in a water bottle, I assume it will still be 'active' and 'work' roughly 7 hours later?

Okay, last night I took 150mg's in a Cold Water Extraction, waited around half an hour - 45 mins, then popped a Soldpadol 30/500 tablet.

Didn't feel anything other than a bit sick and my liver (right side, upper abdomen) felt a bit tender, although it feels like that now anyway (almost 24 hours later). I did feel a little bit itchy in a couple places this time, but didn't feel high or anything really. Would've expected something given my opiate naivety and that I'd taken around 180mg's. Bit annoyed. Not gonna take any today, might try again tomorrow, am I doing it wrong or something? The final solution looked cloudy and tasted bitter, so I'm pretty certain there was Codeine in it.

It didn't even make me tired, still had reasonable difficulty sleeping.

You didn't take that strong a dose, it's not particularly strange you weren't itchy. Actually I'm never itchy at all when I take codeine, but then again I take anti-histamines beforehand so I dunno.
First time I took it it was about 250mg or so though, which I wouldn't recommend anyway.
Usually I find it takes about 1 hour to really kick in, and it's strongest at 2-3 hours. Dies down after about 4 hours or so.

Also, since you mention it, it never made me tired and actually it usually stops me from properly sleeping so don't be surprised by that.

Oh yeah and I wouldn't recommend taking it 3 days in a row...try to space it out (much) more. It may be the weakest of all opiates, but it can still be addictive.

It took me 300mg to get blown properly with complete opiate naivety. But watch out, it may be weak and OTC (in some places) but within a year I was at 1g a day, with tramadol and promethazine for potentiation.

It took me 300mg to get blown properly with complete opiate naivety. But watch out, it may be weak and OTC (in some places) but within a year I was at 1g a day, with tramadol and promethazine for potentiation.

Damn bro, I might try more then

You didn't take that strong a dose, it's not particularly strange you weren't itchy. Actually I'm never itchy at all when I take codeine, but then again I take anti-histamines beforehand so I dunno.
First time I took it it was about 250mg or so though, which I wouldn't recommend anyway.
Usually I find it takes about 1 hour to really kick in, and it's strongest at 2-3 hours. Dies down after about 4 hours or so.

Also, since you mention it, it never made me tired and actually it usually stops me from properly sleeping so don't be surprised by that.

Oh yeah and I wouldn't recommend taking it 3 days in a row...try to space it out (much) more. It may be the weakest of all opiates, but it can still be addictive.

Tempted to try again either tomorrow or Thursday, might try 250mg's, I'm worried about the effect it will have on my liver though, but I guess the majority of the Paracetamol will have been removed so it should be reasonably safe....

Will try it in the day as well on an empty stomach and hope for the best haha

\. The only thing I take regularly is Imodium (Loperamide), however I understand as per psuedoephedrine it cannot cross the blood brain barrier. (I normally take 1 - 2 Imodium per day, for IBS)

loperamide can raise your opiate tolerance.

^It can, but it's unlikely that such a small dosage would, given loperamides poor BA, as well as its difficulty crossing the BBB. Codeine, as has been mentioned before, is a very weak opiate. To give some perspective, 300mg of codeine is equal to roughly 10-15mg of IV morphine. I have never been able to get high off of it, though I only bothered attempting a few times. If you aren't getting a histamine reaction, you are most likely not taking enough at 150mg. If you are going to continue to try and achieve a sense of euphoria off of this drug, make sure to avoid taking other CNS depressants (other opiates/opioids, alchohol, benzo's, sleeping medications etc..)

all though lope doesn't cross the BBB it still hits the mu receptors in your GI tract and the mu receptor is whats chiefly responsible for the effects of opiates although it's the mu receptors in your brain that cause euphoria and other desired effects. lope can possibly still have a small effect on tolerance as opiates hit all the mu receptors in the body, including the ones in your GI, so it's possible if you've been taking lope for a while that it has had some effect on your tolerance. not 100% positive, but it seems plausible.