• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Methaqualone dosage question

Neo Incapacitator

Bluelighter
I recently got some Methaqualone pills from the guy I buy my weed from. The thing is I don't know the dosage of them and neither does the guy. I've read that the pills usually contain Methaqualone, antihistamines and diazepam but I don't know what mine contain.

I smoked a 1/4 of a pill by sprinkling it over my lit bowl in my bong. I didn't get very high though, just felt a little different for a while.

I tried half a pill orally but that also didn't do much.

How would you take them? Around here people always smoke it out of a broken beer bottle neck filled with weed.

There has got to be a better way to smoke this stuff? What about out of a lightbulb?

Do I maybe lose the MQ in the bong water?

I've thought of sprinkling half a pill over the weed in my bowl and then just lighting the bowl but I'm scared the high heat may destroy the MQ.

Here's a pic

9024pj.jpg

Last edited:
We have no way of knowing what dosage, of any, if methaqualone these contain.

but, by the looks of the pill there is all kinds of mixed material in there, obviously not a pharmaceutical tablet, so no, you cant know the dosage or contents, or whether it's safe to even consume. Would you be willing to smoke plastic? Because when you smoke pills that is the equivalent in what it does to your airway. If you are determined to take these, eat them, but I would say its a stupid idea. Stick with weed.

Be careful buddy since you don't know the dose. If you haven't got many so that you can slowly stagger your dosage upwards (in the name of harm reduction) you're better of just flushing them. Methaqualone overdose is often extremely unpleasant and in extreme cases, has been known to cause coma and even death.

Are you positive they contain Methaqualone?

Don't take it orally!!
Don't take it at all!
"Buttons"/(methaqualone) are made in clandestine labs (Usually in India) and are NOT made to be taken orally.
They are cut with so many unknown chemicles and are made for smoking (with a bottle neck of cannabis and tobacco plus the button).
The pills you are getting are not at all like the pharmaceutical mandrax that used to be available.
I have never known anyone who would take these pills(buttons) orally.
They are smoked in a "white pipe" (described above) only. (There is an "art" to this which I'm not going to share for HR reasons, google "white pipe" or try you tube).
When smoked this way there is an intense(but dirty) rush followed by lethargy.

These are not pills for oral consumpion.

I know how to smoke out of a bottle neck but have never done it with buttons. What is the difference between using a bottle neck and a bong?

Hi guys I also have a question:

I have like over 10g of 99% pure Methaqualone.Hcl at hand (I have NMR and GC/MS done by myself and it is absolutley pure) it works pretty decent oraly but I wanted to know if I can smoke the Hcl- salt too? I know in africa all people smoke those mandraxx Pills but I have no clue if its freebase or the Hcl.

So is it possible to smoke the Hcl Salt? and how is the best way to do so? from foil? bong? pipe? and how much shoudl I try?

Not sure about the HCl, which is what brands like Parest were, but Quaalude and Mandrax were the freebase. The freebase is actually more soluble and stronger, and also has a lower boiling point. I think most street methaqualone is the freebase, not sure. And it seems that freebasing ludes isn't as straightforward as coke.

From what I've seen on Youtube and from that Erowid experience report it seems that it's like crack where you just burn that shit on top of weed in a ghetto bottle neck chillum . But apparently there's a method to the madness for greater effects. Someone else said it doesn't work as well just smoked alone, and it seems that shreddedlettuce know some trade secrets. There must be a reason for smoking it that way.

I'd try foil if your good at it, if it leaves no ashes or residue then a meth pipe, than if those work maybe try it on top of weed or in a straight shooter. I mean you got like 10 grams to work with(damn I'm jealous).