• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe To bupe or not to bupe

Thank_ful

Greenlighter
Working on getting it fully together and following a sub program but did have a slip here and there. The sub program re-started at 8mg and it's been about 4 days since the re-start. Yesterday 3 x 100mg morphine pills came along and got snorted. Its been about 15 hours since the morphine use. Later that same day some coke came along after the morphine was gone. Question is does anyone else find that sub helps with coke comedown? And would you say it's logical to test for possibility of precip w/d by just doing a 2mg sub to see what happens as opposed to waiting the full 24/hours? I'm not showing any real signs of w/d but think I still have a good amount of bupe in the body and the morphine just filled some extra space?

Last edited:
I always waited until I was feeling some kind of WD before redosing after using. Sub does work fairly decently with coke comedowns.

You're taking 8mg of sub everyday? Were you even able to get high off the morphine? I feel like the sub would have reduced the euphoria quite a bit

I would wait until you are in withdrawal before dosing the bupe. Also, you should just take the morphine orally since it has a higher BA than intranasal administration.

I would wait the bupe isnt going to help the coke comedown.

fuck true eating them has a higher BA... morphine sulphates though are best crushed and plugged... A bit tedious to do all the time but once every now and then this way will get the most out of those pills....

and yeah you'd think the bupe would block most of the morphine's effects at 8mg daily...

16mg blocks dope in high doses for me... all opiates are a complete waste for me... it is what makes suboxone special for me in defeating this craving for opiates... I just know its a waste of time to even try... I don't feel like waiting 48 hours so I just dose my bupe every day....

I know its not the case for everyone... people like to get high... opiates are special... thats why I'll be on bupe long fucking term....

if it keeps me from doing dope/opiates fuck it.... for now anyway.

Take it SL, less naloxone, less precipitates wd

Naloxone isn't what precipitates the withdrawal, it's the buprenorphine which as a much higher binding affinity than other opioids, so it rips whatever's in your system off your opioid receptors and that's extremely painful, AKA PWD.

But I do agree that he should take it SL, if he decides to take it at all. I'm honestly not sure how high a person can get from snorting 300mg morphine total, I don't even think I would feel anything because morphine is so shitty when snorted. Should be taken orally or rectally IMO.

IMO, I second tommyboys advice, wait til you're in withdrawal to see what's up.

Yeah I'm a little confused as why you would snort morphine, that's such a small BA.
Plus the 100s are huge, that's a lot of fillers and crap in your nose.

Yeah I'm a little confused as why you would snort morphine, that's such a small BA.
Plus the 100s are huge, that's a lot of fillers and crap in your nose.

All the ER morphine I get are the same size, except for the 200mg tabs, but the 100s are the same size as the 15s 30s and 60s.

But still, don't snort morphine... it's a waste.

Buprenorphine was initially used as a pain medication in 200mcg and 400mcg sublingual tablets (Temgesic), 300mcg/mL IM/IV vials (Buprenex), and now as a transdermal patch which release 5,10, or 20 micrograms/hour (BuTrans). Buprenorphine was not released in any single dose preparation above 400 mcg until it was realized that it had potential for use as a detox and maintenance therapy medication (Suboxone, Subutex). Basically, bupe is really a microgram drug, with .3mg IV being equivalent to a 10mg shot of morphine.

So the long winded answer to your question:
And would you say it's logical to test for possibility of precip w/d by just doing a 2mg sub to see what happens as opposed to waiting the full 24/hours?

Would be, no, 2mg is not a safe dose to take if you havnt waited the full 24 hours. That's not to say it will definately throw you into precipitated withdrawals this time, but it definately can, as the first time I experienced those dreaded W/D I had taken 2mg SL using the same logic.

Also, if you have a pretty low tolerance to buprenorphine, than yeah, it can help a coke crash, just like any other opioid would. In fact, even when I was on maintenance, I still found that taking an extra dose of sub could help ease the pain and suffering of an IV coke binge.. But it's effectiveness is limited, and if you've been on a high dosage of bupe (16mg or so), taking extra won't do squat.

if .3mg IV bupe is equal to 10mg of morphine why don't i get high from shooting 8mg when 300mg of oxycodone gets me good and 450 gets me really good so the 8mg of bupe should give me a little high right?

^ If you are taking the bupe even semi-regularly it is hard to get euphoria from it. If you have a habit of IVing 10mg of morphine then .3mg of IV bupe will keep you from withdrawing, but it's unlikely to provide the same euphoria (I believe this may have something to do with it being a partial agonist). If you are chasing a high from bupe then you aren't going to catch it unless you take a long break and then do just a small amount.

Yeah. The reason you can't shoot 8mg of bupe and get super high is because while .3 mg of IV bupe is equipotent to 10mg of IV morphine, bupe has a cieling effect, so after about 1-2mg I would say bupe's agonist activity maxes out. I do think that if you were opiate naive you'd get just as stoned of a .3 injection of buprenex as you would from 10mg of morphine, the effects would just be different due to the differences of the drugs.

makes sense but even when i didn't have a tolerance or at leas a very low one if i took 4mg of bupe it got me higher than 1 or 2 like people claim to be lower doses are more recreational

Well yeah, but the point is that you didnt have a tolerance (even though you've only been using buprenorphine a short period of time, you have a tolerance to all opiates now due to your morphine use).

It's thought that buprenorphine's cieling effect is somewhere around 2-4mg, so when you're opiate naive, taking 4mg would get you higher than 1mg. However when you are on buprenorphine maintenance, you will get more of a 'buzz' out of a stabalized dose of 1mg than you will out of 4mg. The reason for This, is that when youve been on buprenorphine for over two weeks, the half life's from all the previous dosages continue to build up, though they level off around 11 days. (half-life chart)So while you're taking only 4mg/day, the ammount of built up buprenorphine in your system is closer to about 12mg.

bupe helps tons with stim comedown unless you are used to slamming H or taking other full agonists.

i still prefer benzos though, but i have discovered clonidine is another good option in a pinch.