• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos I need help discussing the side effects of all (or the popular ones) benzodiazepines!

Visionary_Kpsycho

Bluelighter
|Serious Discussion|Please Behave|

Currently I have experimented with Lorazepam, Clonazepam and Oxazepam. I have had weird side effects with each. Clonazepam (the depression and sluggishness) Oaxzepam gives me headaches after usage and Lorazepam makes me feel like a ghost (depersonalization/felt out of body like). Now even saying that I love these as they do help my anxiety, but I just have too many side effects with them. I know there are a ton of different benzos out there. I would really like to bring some of these (stronger benzos that can help my panic and anxiety attacks) types of benzos up to my family doctor/psychiatrist (most likely I should bring it up to my psychiatrist). Can some of you on here recommend some different benzos beside, Clonazepam, Lorazepam and Oxazepam? The thing is......; I would like to discuss how other benzos are better than the 3 I have given (Clonazepam, Lorazepam and Oxazepam). Hmmm... So what could be better???

I'm not sure this is OD material. What are you taking each of these benzodiazepines for, like which ones are indicated for what conditions?

Read this

Keep in mind that using benzos daily leads to serious tolerance, and that each dose increase bring alongs more side effects directly proportional with the rate it was increased.

Basically, try not to use benzos every day, and if you do, try to stay on as low of a dosage as possible to prevent side effects like memory loss and cloudiness.

They are all for panic. And I have just been getting bad effects from them. Clonezepam can handle at small dosages, but once I get at around 1-2mg I get to whacked out, for even the next day. Lorazepam makes me feel like I’m a zombie, and oxazepam I don’t even feel, there the weakest thing I ever tired, and after I take it gives me headaches. So I was wondering if some of you on here can help me out with giving me some information about different benzos to take for anxiety and panic besides those 3. Personal experiences or any other experiences would be very much appreciated. Because I can’t take this shit anymore, those medications are shit, and I am ready to yell at my doctor to give me valium or something, but I know there are a huge amount of different benzos. So I am wondering what different kinds can help? Diazepam? Xanax? I am tired of always being in a state of anxiety...........

Thank you I understand all the pre cautions (withdrawals ect..) to do about the benzo family. But thank you for the concern.

If you are getting "whacked out" or feel stupid from benzos, then you are taking too much in terms of trying to medicate your chemical imbalance of GABA.

A properly titrated benzo dosage should only slow down the brain just enough to make it normal, and not cause any noticeale cognitive issues.

GABA is the inhibitory mechanism of the brain, kind of like the brakes or the "speed governor" some cars come with, making sure we don't speed out of control. When we are hungry, tired, anxious, or in GABA-ergic withdrawal, the lack of GABA doesn't inhibit the brain properly, and it speeds out of control in a negative way.

This is why benzo/GABA-ergic use in a non-anxious individual (one who has normal GABA inhibitory processes) causes them to feel numbed, stupid, and slow, the side effects of inhibiting anxiety through inhibiting (slowing down) the rest of the brain.

Maybe a short term (4 to 6 week) course on Alprazolam. Use that time to find a professional to help you explore relaxation techniques to cope with anxiety and panic. IMO Alprazolam is the best for panic attacks but can turn on you with long term use. I hope you find peace.

Yea I suggest low dose like .5-1mg alprazolam as well. Xanax works wonders for panic

I tried both xanax and valium for constant anxiety with infrequent panic attacks.
I prefered the valium, for some strange reason. Probably because it lasted longer.
I wasn't able to stop myself eating them all in rapid time with my girl.
Not very recreational, but addictive all the same.

Have you tried all use usual, diet exercise meditation etc.
I feel your pain, struggled for 6 months keeping my anxiety under control.
All the best

I would say Xanax.
But be careful with your benzo dependency. It's no fun.

As far as panic attacks go, my vote goes for diazepam among the anxiolytics. Among all benzodiazepines, I would have to give it up to nitrazepam.

Do you have the means to pay for a name brand? I found extended release alprazolam to be good for panic, and slightly less addictive than the IR formulation if you take it properly. You could try a non-benzodiazepine as well, hydroxizine has some anxiolytic effects. I'm not sure how frequently its prescribed in your area but meprobamate and carisorodal could also be viable options.

The effect isn't as immediate so if you only take say, 1 mg XR, you aren't going to get the same immediate feeling that alprazolam gives. It obviously is the same drug, but ROA's should always be considered. If you are only taking a small dose for a short amount of time the risk of habituation should be much lower.

it's the same thing except XR lasts longer which would be more psychologically addicting to me maybe a little less psychically addicting if i were to take 1mg of XR compared to 1mg IR

What do you mean ROA's should be considered? Both medications are taken orally, the instant release formulation has the benefit of sublingual use as well, but that doesn't make it more addictive.

I didn't have another term handy for extended release oral administration vs oral or sublingual administration withe the typical instant release product. The XR alprazolam won't be nearly as intense or sedating compared to the instant release. It's effects are going to be less prominent be more drawn out. If the subject isn't looking for any recreational value and is just going to use the benzo's for a very small period of time, the risk of addiction will be slightly diminished.
I know from personal experience that XR alprazolam has a lot less recreational value, but will still provide relief until non-drug therapy can be started. In th interest of harm reduction, benzodiazepines shouldn't be advocated unless the anxiety/panic or insomnia is debilitating.

Mrflowers- alprazolam has a short-medium half life and is know for its rather compulsive dosing once the initial effects wear off. If you can stretch 1 mg all day long instead of taking 1mg 2-3 times a day you'll be much better off. The effect will just be more mild, and you could have a small quantity of the IR formulation for extreme panic and use them sublingually.

In th interest of harm reduction, benzodiazepines shouldn't be advocated unless the anxiety/panic or insomnia is debilitating.

I agree with this part of your post. However, I suppose we agree to disagree regarding xanax xr, it's not less addictive IMO it's the same drug. OxyContin is an extended release formulation of oxycodone, would you really think that OxyContin is less addictive than percocet / instant release oxycodone?