• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Accidental Seratonin Syndrome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

quick66

Greenlighter
I have checked out bluelight before but didnt have anything important to say before this. I have been scripted Celexa and Xanax for about 2 years - no problem. Last week my wife had had a cough, which I caught 3 days ago. So I bought a small bottle of Robitussin DM and chugged it, like in the old days. About 15 minutes later I started getting that interesting trippy feeling which quickly evolved into WTF have I done freakout feeling! I went online (while I still could read and type) and realized what I had done. It is the most awful trip you can imagine - horrifying imagery and thoughts I could not stop. It was worse than the worst acid or mushroom trip I have ever had. I was lucky I was able to calm myself down, chill and ride it out. If this keeps one person from going through what I did then I am happy. DO NOT MIX SSRI's and DMX! I cannot stress this enough, it was truly awful. Always read the fine print!

Definitely do your homework next time, lots of medications have interactions it's important to know as much as possible about what you're taking.

Status
Not open for further replies.