• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Soma Feels Like Heroin - Your Experience, and thoughts on Opiate w/d with Soma?

King J

Bluelighter
I've been prescribed Soma for the past two years. I get 90x 350mg per month. I've also been doing dope for the past 5 years now.

To me, Soma feels just like a heavy dose of Heroin. I've never shot or snorted it, don't know if you can, just eat 2-6 at a time and the buzz kicks in. It actually feels better than Heroin a lot of the times. The only thing bad about it is that your tolerance builds up real quick to it (so I always run out within 10 days, but that's a good thing because a month later when I get refill my tolerance drops :p).

What's your experience with Soma and its feelings? I've heard that the DEA or FDA are trying to make Soma a scheduled substance and that they're researching it more to see if it's a narcotic because it shares similar properties.

Also, yes I've searched Bluelight so don't even go there *cyberslap*, anyone have any thoughts on opiate withdrawal with Soma? I think that it would work the best out of any non-narcotic, non-opioid that you can use. Your thoughts or experiences please?

IMO soma is great for opiate withdraw but to compare it to heroin I don't think so lol what

Idk i found 2 of the 350mg ones a long time ago and took em. They got me feeling pretty good, better than xanax but kind of like a slow, drunk type feeling.

Wish i had more of them to experiment with, but i doubt they are quite as good as narcotics.

soma falls under the category of narcotics, narcotics are drugs that induce a stupor

I have taken Soma a few times and its effects are NOT EVEN CLOSE to those of a good dose of IV heroin. Not even in the same ballpark.

never took soma but is there a euphoria involved??or is it more of a benzo-like sluggish 'chilled out' type feeling??

i was prescribed the 350mg carisprodol for about 6 months a few years ago. tolerance builds fast, and ad best, id compare them to a sleepy hydrocodone buzz. even if you take 3 or 4, which i recommend NOT to, it wouldnt even feel as good as oxycodone or morphine. if your comparing it to heroin, someones making alot of money on you. id suspsect the friend getting your H.

personally, i think soma is kinda lame on its own... but great with an opiate, certainly helps with the nod. taking too many can result in embarassing behavior though... so be careful if youre in a social setting!

to me it feels nothing like heroin, more like a crappy version of alcohol that makes me dizzy and then i pass out.

Soma soma soma. I want to fill my rx right now. It's top both IMO, nothing crazy I just feel good and in my zone when I take 1100 mgs or so. I hardly ever take it alone but when I do I thoroughly enjoy it. It's good for benzo w/d but for opiates it really just masks it and relaxes me.

I don't think that you can compare Soma to heroin. I describe Soma as being like a benzodiazepine without the anxiolytic effects. It might help a little with anxiety due to the sedation, but it wouldn't do anything for a panic attack or moderate to severe anxiety.

I've heard that the DEA or FDA are trying to make Soma a scheduled substance and that they're researching it more to see if it's a narcotic because it shares similar properties.

They already made Soma a schedule IV drug at the start of 2012.

I take soma. The first few times was great. I could feel it coursing through my veins. It felt amazing. Next few times nothing even close.

I take 3 a day now. I think I'll stop taking it for a while. If really does nothing for me anymore. I don't even think it relaxes my body. I still get spasms and my legs drive me crazy.

Where I am at it is a schedule 4.

This drug is being prescribed less and less. It has a high rate of abuse. If you ask for this drug most dr look at you funny.

I think after January 2012 if your not already on it I don't think they will give it to you. At least in my area from what I hear

It can be a dangerous drug and mixing it can cause Cns depression.

^ Also you shouldn't drive while under the influence of Soma, especially if you have mixed it with CNS depressants. There is a bluelighter in the shrine that we are pretty sure mixed heroin with Soma and he nodded out while driving and died on impact when he crossed over the divider into head on traffic. He had been saying how much he had liked the combo during the weeks leading up to it which is why I think that it was the combo that led to the accident.

Most defiantly!!!

I am so sorry to hear about your friend. That's a tragic loss. I will take that as a warning.

I don't drive maybe 2 min every other day. I don't drive because of my med use. I'm so scared of tickets and leaving my children behind.

My hubby may ask me to go somewhere and I tell him no. He gets frustrated but understands when I tell him why.

Also as of last night I didn't take any more and I feel less "yucky."

That was only a few hrs ago but I can feel a change already.

"To each, his own" but the couple of times I tried soma for insomnia, trying to chill, when anxious, etc...
I felt like a giant blank sheet of paper, with legs...

^can you expand on that? I don't really understand what type of experience you are trying to explain.

^can you expand on that? I don't really understand what type of experience you are trying to explain.

If you ever experience feeling like a blank sheet of paper (w /legs)...you'll never forget the feeling
You just have to like..."be there" er' something.

Since we can't talk about brand names here, all I can say is there are two brands and the MOST known brand is the best AKA not the ones coming from India now which I think are FAKE!

And yeah Soma is great on its own, at recreational doses between 3-6 it's called the Soma Shuffle. Tolerance builds fast, even when mixing it with opiates. Sadly just like how Oxycodone loses its buzz once on them. So taking Soma after a few days, you don't get the chill feeling anymore. Also, never been nor referring to the actual brand name Soma. I am not sure if that makes a difference, am talking about generics. Wish I could talk about the brand name here because I'd love to know if it's the better than Q.

Soma is one of my favorite chemicals. It does induce a strong euphoria in me, combines exceptionally well with Oxycodone, and provides significant withdrawal relief for me. When I have my scripts ready to go, it does wonders for me in WD.

It's a very diverse and useful chemical IMO, one of the best combo drugs made.