• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Exhausted after eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

blahman8000

Bluelighter
Is this normal? Whenever I finish eating a meal, I feel like I need to lay down. Generally I figure food should give us energy, but for me, it seems to weigh me down and I often end up taking a nap. If I'm working and I take a lunch break, I feel very sluggish and tired afterwards. I've been this way for quite a while, both when sober and when not. What gives? I just ate lunch, for instance, and I can barely keep my head up.

i don't know about your specific situation but i know that when i eat a LARGE meal at a restaurant or something, i get very very sleepy. this is because a lot of the blood in your brain goes to the stomach to digest the food you just ate. totally normal. if you feel as though it is not normal, i'd advise going to see a doctor because something more serious could be going on.

Thanks for the responses. Honestly, it doesn't even seem to take a large meal in order to get me tired. A sandwich generally makes me feel like I need to nap. I failed to mention in the original post, but I've had a number of issues with my sleep, including sleep paralysis and insomnia, so I was wondering if this is a sign of an overall problem. I don't mean I'm eating like a feast and need to lay. I mean, eating anything beyond a snack makes me feel almost immobilized and very sleepy.

yeah, i'd definitely see a doctor about this. there could be a chemical imbalance in your brain or something. not trying to scare you just being truthful...seeing a doctor is definitely your very best bet.

I would like to echo everyone else's sentiments here - you need to see a Doctor! Small meals should not be making you so tired.

Best of luck. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.