• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Playing around with sleep rhythm

nAON

Bluelight Crew
Over the last week or so, i've had a completely fucked sleep rhythm. I've been staying up through the night, and sleeping instead in the afternoon, usually going to bed from 12pm-4pm then waking up sometime in the evening or around midnight. Drugs have been partially involved, but I haven't been using drugs that are strictly stimulants, and i've been getting at least 6 hours of sleep every 24h. Is this going to be unhealthy for me? I've noticed i'm more lethargic and often will start yawning randomly, but I don't feel particularly exhausted or sleepy.

I go through those phases naturally. Taking drugs will make me sleep all day for a week and I'm up all night. This is how I fix my sleep schedule when it's skewed. Stay up later and later until you're staying up til 12-1pm. Then when that day comes, drink tons of tea until about 7:30pm. You'll be out by 9 because you've been awake for 33 hours. Works every time if you can make it to 9pm. Otherwise you just make it worse.

^ yeah that's what I planned, i'm not sure how long exactly i'm going to stay in this weird schedule, but I know how to reset it once I get to that point. Was just more worried if it's unhealthy or fucks with my metabolism or anything while i'm doing it.

I go through those phases naturally. Taking drugs will make me sleep all day for a week and I'm up all night. This is how I fix my sleep schedule when it's skewed. Stay up later and later until you're staying up til 12-1pm. Then when that day comes, drink tons of tea until about 7:30pm. You'll be out by 9 because you've been awake for 33 hours. Works every time if you can make it to 9pm. Otherwise you just make it worse.

Yeah I would do something like this. Or just stay up for the entire rest of the day instead of going to bed, and just go to bed earlier that night and wake up earlier the next day.

Messing with your sleep cycle and staying up all night can give some people lots of anxiety and stress.