• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants (crystal meth) shooting *myself* up without assistance for the first time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stimlover22

Bluelighter
As an avid user of methamphetamine my usual ROAs are vaporizing and snorting. My buddy, who only shoots his gear, has shot me up 3 or 4 times now, and I am ready to do my own shot all by myself. I am new to the i.v. method as I have only been slammingfor about a week now. The only thing I do not like about these rigs he gave me are that they aren't insulin syringes marked in cc, these are bigger and thicker and marked in "ml". Anyway he prepared a shot for me, it is all ready to go into my arm. What I need to know..he never filters and granted, it is very good quality glass, but it just doesnt seem right to not atleast filter it thru cotton and draw it up. He claims some of the "tina" will be absorbed in the cotton and willresult in lost product. I disagree with his intended logic so I am asking fellow bluelighters, Cotton or NO cotton? I am half tempted to pour this back in a spoon and draw it back up thru a clean cigarette filter. This stuff is pretty pure and potent, but I still feel better filtering it. One more thing, as a novice slammer, I have a thick plump vein that crosses the top of my wrist , do you think I should try to hit there? I am thinking that would eliminate the need to tie off. I have a photographic memory and I paid much attention when he shot me up so pretty sure I got this.

You ABSOLUTELY must filter, ALWAYS when shooting up. And maintain proper sterile injection throughout the entire process. Never re-use needles or they'll look like this:
Needles.jpg

Related Reading

Ok, so you have done snorting, vapourizing and are about to do IV'ing.
So the only way to go after this would be oral.
Saving the best for last.

Always filter no matter what man. serious! and yeah that vein on your wrist would be a good one

A wrist vein is not the best choice for a first-time injector. Veins on your wrists and hands are more delicate, more easily damaged, and closer to nerves and arteries. I would go with the crook of the arm. Someone new to injecting shouldn't need a tourniquet.

There are tons of threads on here about the best sites for injection, best injection techniques, equipment necessary, etc. Tricomb linked to a good thread specifically about methamphetamine injection. OP - feel free to let us know if you have any questions or are having trouble finding threads that address anything not covered in that thread.

Idk, my hands are trembling sooo badly and i see this turning into one huge FAIL. I am contemplating pouring the shot in a drink and just chugging it.

Not filtering high quality methamphetamine is no huge deal seriously.

Swimming dancer is right.. You CAN do the vein in your wrist but the bend in your arm is the best spot.. put your arm totally straight out so its Not bent at all, that will make your vein pop out the best. you will know you have hit the vein when blood rushes into the rig, so keep the rig right in that spot and do the damn thang!! lol If you feel any stingy sensation when you start to inject then stop right away, (when it stings, that means your missin the vein)..

Dont be nervous man, Nothing really bad can happen from you shootin yourself up.. just make sure you dont do too much and you will be allll good... =D

But still, I would never shoot any drug without filtering it. I'd just stay on the safe side and filter that ish

Nothing really bad can happen from you shootin yourself up..

That is not true. Plenty of bad things can happen from injecting drugs, including permanent damage or death, and not just from overdose (infection, shooting into an artery or nerve, injecting particles, etc). Check out the IV Complications thread. There are lots of things you can do to decrease your risks, but the best thing would be to not inject at all and take the meth by another route.

Idk, my hands are trembling sooo badly and i see this turning into one huge FAIL. I am contemplating pouring the shot in a drink and just chugging it.

If you're this nervous about it, I would take it as a good sign to not proceed. Like shreddedlettuce said, perhaps try oral ROA. Contrary to what a lot of people would have you believe IV can be very dangerous territory.

If you aren't confident, things are more likely to go wrong, and you're really doing yourself the favor in the long run anyway.

Also 1cc = 1ml

I'd spit it out on a spoon that has been steriliZed then filter with a cotton using a new needle. If you are shaking you can't IV or you're likely to make mistakes. So shoot it in your mouth or get a friend to inject it. A tornoquit helps new users see where the is, or atleast me. Make the needle parallel to our Arm and poke it in where the vein is popping out. Register so you don't miss right away (pull the plunger back, so blood pulls itself in). Slowly push the plunger forward. I say don't inject and take it orally. Meth is super bio available orally so no need to inject.

Im just going to detach the needle and stick the solution where the sun dont shine. I miss the i.v. rush but aint worth the risk, plus id like to see what all the hype is about when it comes to booty bumping it..

There's a thread in OD just recently asking about shooting heroin for the first time, look it up thru my profile posts in threads if u want, but I put in a nice detailed description of how to shoot into that area with tips n tricks included :) its no different for amphetamines lol procedure is the same.
Use a fresh rig always! (I mean don poke a bunch with the same one (dulls, hard to hit, vein damage) I don't think anyone on BL with the inclination to do HR research is actually gonna share a needle)

There's a thread in OD just recently asking about shooting heroin for the first time, look it up thru my profile posts in threads if u want, but I put in a nice detailed description of how to shoot into that area with tips n tricks included :) its no different for amphetamines lol procedure is the same.
Use a fresh rig always! (I mean don poke a bunch with the same one (dulls, hard to hit, vein damage) I don't think anyone on BL with the inclination to do HR research is actually gonna share a needle)

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/627822-Heroin-The-Beginner-s-Guide

is it possible for a user, to re-use a needles over and over etc for years and not have hep c?

You catch hep c from someone with hep c using needles, blood contact that enters your body ect.

Reusing your same needle that nobody else is using isn't going to give you hep c.

Reusing needles introduce bacteria into your body and rips your veins up. Notice figure A is a jagged and scary looking Needle after 6 uses. This is damaging your veins. You can get phlebitis from the irritation and damage along with the bacteria on the dirty reused needles.

Bacteria grows fast.

One generation of bacteria lasts 20 minutes, meaning every 20 minutes, the entire population of bacteria doubles, it's an extremely fast doubling time.

is it possible for a user, to re-use a needles over and over etc for years and not have hep c?

Yeah, hep C or not, use a new needed every time, anything less is just being negligent to your own health. They are fairly easily obtained, and even in cases where that becomes an issue there are plenty of needle exchange programs out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.