• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos What should i do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglebook

Bluelighter
I had a two weekly script of xanax last wednesday. They are all gona and now i have 1 week and 2 days to make it through before my supossed next script. Should i go to the doctor and tell them the truth that im out and im gonna need something to stop the withdrawal.

I was thinking switch my script up altogether and ask for some diazepam and xanax for situational use as opposed to taking xanax everyday. So diazepam for daily use and xanax for situational use, has to be the way forward but how do i explain i ate a two week script in 5 days ?

Also how much diazepam should i be using, im on 2mg xanax a day what would be a sufficent dose of diazepam for daily use for me ?

10mg diazepam = 0.5mg xanax so 2mg xanax = 40mg diazepam.

We're not here to help you with obtaining medications from doctors.

If you are dependent on benzodiazepines then of course you should get more to avoid severe withdrawals...

are you dependent? Why would you blow through your script like this? It's so irresponsible, what you should do is stop abusing your medication to the extent where you're risking fatal withdrawal symptoms.

Are you sure your anxiety is this debilitating?

Hey 'junglebook' (OP), I wouldn't tell your doctor about going threw your script that quick. If anything, ask your doctor to increase your dose by a little and if he says no, don't argue or demand, just accept it and next time try to only use them when you have a serious panic attack. Spread them out as hard as that can be.

This is the most common conversion I have seen, but IME 0.5mg xanax = about 7mg of diazepam, and I was fine switching from 1mg of xanax to 10mg of diazepam. If you are going to make the switch I suggest trying to get by on the lesser amount to keep the dosage down as low as you can.

That's a lot of meds, I'm assuming. 28mg in 5 days is 5.6mg a day. Do you do this all the time? How often do you run out? How long have you been taking them? Did you "lose" most of them?

We're not here to help you with obtaining medications from doctors.

If you are dependent on benzodiazepines then of course you should get more to avoid severe withdrawals...

are you dependent? Why would you blow through your script like this? It's so irresponsible, what you should do is stop abusing your medication to the extent where you're risking fatal withdrawal symptoms.

Are you sure your anxiety is this debilitating?

I do not need anyones help in how to get benzos from a doctor i just go in and fcukin ask its pretty simple thats not what im asking you guys and i know thats what ya's are not here for.

You have no idea i suffer with constant drug-induced anxiety. At the sametime for 16 solid years of my liife its been nothing but what the doctors call drug seeking behaviour, ive done it all and never been addicted to any substance in particular, it spawns back to family issues back in the past thats what started it when i was 15.

But im actually taking your advice here tricomb i think it would be a very good idea to get a diazepam script instead of taking xanax every single day because it is quite a psycoactive benzo. So diazepam for daily use not grab so much xanax and use it for situations i need them in (easier said then done) has to be the correct way forward then that way im always gonna be ready for a diaze taper off cos you guys all say its the best for withdrawal and best for tapering off so when the time comes im gonna be ready. (my doc agrees)

Im also gonna get my mum to help me (bless) i think i will give her any script i get and get her to give me my daily amount until i can not be so fuckin retarded and stick to it myself. I do have a drug counsellor appoinment coming up as well but i find bluelight ten times more helpful then any drug counsellor ive come across. Bluelight is my drug counsellor man.

My point is dam ive gotta walk in the docs and say i ate all dem der xanax now gimme diaz, nah mean bruv.....i just gotta articulate it to her so it makes sense. And it makes perfect sense. I guess im after some educated encouragement and info on diazepam doseage recommendations thats all.

Last edited:
That's a lot of meds, I'm assuming. 28mg in 5 days is 5.6mg a day. Do you do this all the time? How often do you run out? How long have you been taking them? Did you "lose" most of them?

Yeah the benzo equiv chart i know i know. Yes i do this all the time i always run out and always hit withdrawal. Retarded i know. I might just have to start taking the etizolam route i find the place where i get them the 1mg's are really good. 3mg a day keeps the bed bugs away im just worried about using it long term.

if you've only been on xanax for 5 days you wont get withdrawls... you need 2-3 months of daily use

if you've been on xanax for several months daily and this week fell short... go to your doc, and ask for a small amount of diazepam becase you had "2 really anxiety cripplng days" and took loads of xanax.... just enough diazepam to keep you afloat.... 15mg/day is plenty

in future, if you're gonna take xanax recreationally, take it when you need it, and towards the end of the prescription time ie 1 or 2 days before the next prescription, get benzoed out if thats ur thing....

Last edited:
Yeah the benzo equiv chart i know i know. Yes i do this all the time i always run out and always hit withdrawal. Retarded i know. I might just have to start taking the etizolam route i find the place where i get them the 1mg's are really good. £mg a day keeps the bed ugs away im just worried about using it long term.

How do you feel when you stop? Are you ok?

Well ive never come of xanax like this meaning ive never has just a xanax script alone ive always been on other benxos along with it so i dont know but considering ive been taking benzos in general for a solid 6 months im guessing im gonna get withdrawal symptoms.

I'm not quoting your spelling mistakes. I don't don't even see it. If so its a coincidence.

What I mean is after your binge are you ok besides feeling a little off? Do you have seizures or anything?

Hey I'm glad you're taking steps to reduce your intake! I think you'll find it much easier to do so with diazepam.

I wish you the best of luck with it!

BTW, I was only making a public reminder to the members who would reply, I wasn't saying you were asking how to get prescribed something.

See if you've been taking benzodiazepines for 6 months then I would worry about seizures if you do not get benzodiazepines in your system in the next ~48-72 hours

Hey I'm glad you're taking steps to reduce your intake! I think you'll find it much easier to do so with diazepam.

I wish you the best of luck with it!

BTW, I was only making a public reminder to the members who would reply, I wasn't saying you were asking how to get prescribed something.

See if you've been taking benzodiazepines for 6 months then I would worry about seizures if you do not get benzodiazepines in your system in the next ~48-72 hours

Thats cool dont gotta explain yaself to me :)

I'm not quoting your spelling mistakes. I don't don't even see it. If so its a coincidence.

What I mean is after your binge are you ok besides feeling a little off? Do you have seizures or anything?

Na ya alright just gimme a sec to correct them :p

Ive had one seizure and no im not ok its bloody awful. Ive experienced nothing like it ever. Mentally/physically you just feel awful. I cant even explain what its like but it is really bad.

You should go to the hospital man, please go to an ER, it will not get back to your psychiatrist.

I'm urging you to please seek immediate medical attention. You could have a seizure in the bathroom and fall and hit your head on porcelain god forbid. Go to the ER, they will write you a prescription for diazepam, explain to them that you are dependent on benzodiazepines and that you are trying to prevent additional seizures.

Please mate, these seizures aren't something to take lightly, go to any hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.