• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Will tramadol extend my taper/withdrawal process

shaketothejunt

Greenlighter
Hey fellow bluelighters , I'm a morphine addict. For months I took anywhere from 100 -300 mg of morphine a day, I recently slowed down and started taking suboxone I started at 4 mg and went to 2mg two days later , I will soon be at 1 mg , I'm wondering if tramadol will mess up this whole process. Of course there's suboxonel still in my system but I'm wondering if taking tramadol will make things worse. Somebody please help? Thanks, mason.

I think the tramadol will interfere with what you have going on. Also if you relapse and go back to opiates I wouldn't recommend using tramadol too close together with them since serotonin syndrome sucks.

Adding another opioid to the mix will always have an affect on a taper, so I would recommend against using the tramadol. Be sure to taper to a low dose of suboxone before stopping. 0.25mg is what most people seem to be going down to before stopping, and if you can get down to .125 then I suggest doing so. Also, when you stabilize at the lowest dose you should alternate days on and off, going from every two days for a week or so to every 3 days before stopping.

I was on suboxone for a few years and didn't realize all the crap that came along with it until it was too late and stopped taking it at 1 mg five weeks ago ... But my withdrawal story is different and I don't wanna explain it here , I used tramadol for the withdrawals right after but later found out tramadol works on the same receptors as opiates in the brain so stopped taking it . In order to fix your brain you need to stay away from all opiates , but assuming suboxone is so potent if you don't taper down low I would use a sao for the withdrawals . Just my opinion