• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Withdrawal?

Speedaddict69

Bluelighter
A month and a half or so ago I was scripted vyvanse an took as directed for a month then swithed to Ritalin la 30mg which I went through the 30 day supply in 15 days then I called up my doc as soon as I ran out and told her they werent working and got put on Dexedrine and now I've gone through the dex 30 day supply in 10 days. And now I'm wondering if I am going to feel any symptoms of withdrawal. thank you

if you've only been using/abusing amphs for less than 2 months, then i wouldn't expect much wds, though u may feel extra tired. (but i may b the wrong person to say because i have much more experience w/opiate wds, and they really lay u out...

good luck w/it. your user name indicates that u were already an addict, is that right? do u have a legit reason for the ADHD meds? i'm wondering why u were taken off of Vyvanse in the firstlace, since i understand that to b a less abusable med.....

take care,
g

Yeah I'm an addict though I am not in recovery anymore and do not plan to be. And I might have ADHD but when my psych an I went thru the test I did sway my answers a lil bit so I could get rx'd Stims for sure. And I was taken off of vyvanse bc it lasted too damn long and Ritalin made me agitated especially in public so I talked her into dex

Though I plan to switch to focalin monday

Last edited by a moderator:
wow you seem to be pretty 'lucky' with your access to medications, you should be alright, you will probably be hungry, when i stop i have to go buy different groceries than what i eat when on amp, i become lethargic, tired, hungry, and sleep becomes offset, however you havnt been taking too long so you should be ok, of you even have any dex left, a half of a tab would surely ward off any w/d, but i cant really say how you will feel, you will have to tell us.

Ok and I recently found out I might be able to acquire vyvanse for the period of time before I get focalin

Yeah I'm an addict though I am not in recovery anymore and do not plan to be. And I might have ADHD but when my psych an I went thru the test I did sway my answers a lil bit so I could get rx'd Stims for sure. And I was taken off of vyvanse bc it lasted too damn long and Ritalin made me agitated especially in public so I talked her into dex

sure, sure. can relate. i swayed my answers too, i think (for Adderral, not pain meds) ...and i also think i won't go back into recovery - there doesn't seem to b a place in 12-step for legit pain management patients in the rooms.....i'm curious what your reasons for dismissing the recovery option?

i any case - the "dark side" sub-forum can be helpful -
good luck
g

I have never gotten any sort of withdrawal symptoms from abruptly discontinuing Desoxyn after taking it consistently.

I think the discontinuation effects from amps are not exactly "withdrawals", or if so, it's more mental withdrawals than anything. You are used to the added energy/focus/confidence from amps then all of a sudden you are without. It's a mental thing but it doesnt make it easy. There is a chance of so called withdrawals from the amount and time of your use. Just eat and drink healthy, exercise, and sleep. You will recover fairly quickly and just resist cravings (that is if you want to use self-control in your use of stims, which apparently you don't. Which is fine, your body your choice.) you should be alright though, only a couple months of daily use it seems?

Yes hiltoniano and lady stardust I just decided to go back to my old ways except less compulsive this time