• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin My vein is worrying me

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayliz

Greenlighter
I injected black a few weeks ago and don't remember anything going wrong, but apparently it did since i noticed it was swollen a day or two later. I wasn't too worried and it doesn't hurt anymore, but it looks worse and the injection spot is raised and dark purple, almost black directly in the center. And below the injection spot (I can't tell if it's my vein) is swollen or something. I'm just freaked out since it's been so long and it seems to be getting worse. Anyone know what this is, what caused it, or if it's serious? I'm still pretty new to the needle and thought I did my research, but I never read about this. Thanks in advance!!

Go straight to the ER. That's a very bad sign, you don't wanna lose your arm.

Ha, not a bro. But now I'm really freaked out. It's not something my friends/family would notice unless they looked right at it or I pointed it out. It also doesn't hurt, so could it still be an infection? And is it really serious enough to go to the ER about? I'll definitely get it looked at by a doctor now, but I don't want to make that trip if it's not something that could really harm me suddenly. Thanks for the help guys.

You shouldn't be freaked out. I doubt you did any permanent damage, but you definitely need medical attention right now.

It's extremely hard to tell based on a written description. From your description it could be anything from just a scar or bruise, to something as serious as gangrene. We have no way to know. The best idea is to see a doctor about it.

Yeah, honestly this is all speculation. I'm going to close this thread. I'm sorry OP, but we can't tell you if something is "ok" or not, even with a picture. Your this is worrying you, please go seek medical attention. I know From experience as an IV drug user that it canbe embarrassing, but hospitals deal with this kind of stuff all the time. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.