• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Regular Doctor Won't Perscribe Adderall No more

Status
Not open for further replies.

LibertineNY

Ex-Bluelighter
My doctor disappeared out of nowhere from his practice and I was given a new doctor. This doctor informed me that if I want to continue receiving adderall I need to get an official diagnosis from a psychiatrist. I'm going to try to find a shrink but I was wondering how I should explain the situation to them because I already tried one office and as soon as I explained to them what I needed they told me they don't do adhd diagnostics dont want the same thing happening again

What do I tell them though? I've been getting the medication for almost a year now

I was wondering if anyone had any similar issues with their doctors offices suddenly changeing their policies on medications. I heard that the pain management patients there now have to subject themselves to random drug tests to continue receiving their meds

There are definitely psychologists/psychiatrists which do official testing for ADD/ADHD. Don't give up hope, just keep looking.

A lot of the testing facilities either do children and adults, or just children. Definitely inquire as to whether you would qualify as a potential patient.

When I was attempting to get ADHD treatment from a state subsidized clinic, I was told that they flat out do not treat adult ADHD. I don't know if this is the same policy everywhere else, but where I live, you will have to pay out of pocket, or use your insurance, to see a psychiatrist.

Status
Not open for further replies.