• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxy gave me tremors. Anyone else?

polyDRUGuSeR

Greenlighter
Curious if anyone else has every experienced tremors from high dose opiates after a long 1.5 month break. I took 40mg of OP and i started tremoring. Shaking hands and legs etc etc. I started pouring sweat also, literally dripping down my head. It went away after about 30 minutes but it was weird. I used to nod on oxy before my 1.5 month break and now I get a real speedy type of high but it's still way better then any upper I've taken. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this before. Thanks for any feedback.

No, I havnt experienced this before, but I know a lot of friends who get a lot more nauseous and revved up on it than say heroin. I find hydrocodone to do similar (though less extreme) things as well.

The reason for the stimulation is because oxycodone is derived from Thebaine and Codeine. Thebaine derived opioids (such as hydrocodone, oxymorphone, buprenorphine etc) are known to be more energizing, they also-especially in buprenorphine's case, are known to cause pronounced nausea.

I would just take a lower dose after a 45 day break man. 20-30mg would have probably been the sweet spot.

Yeah I've had this before shaking hands body and Uncontrolable leg shaking from oxy. It isn't too pleasant but it goes away pretty fast

No, I havnt experienced this before, but I know a lot of friends who get a lot more nauseous and revved up on it than say heroin. I find hydrocodone to do similar (though less extreme) things as well.

The reason for the stimulation is because oxycodone is derived from Thebaine and Codeine. Thebaine derived opioids (such as hydrocodone, oxymorphone, buprenorphine etc) are known to be more energizing, they also-especially in buprenorphine's case, are known to cause pronounced nausea.

I would just take a lower dose after a 45 day break man. 20-30mg would have probably been the sweet spot.

This post is 100% accurate. I agree that the sweet spot for someone with that long of a tolerance break would have been 20, likely 30mg.

After such a long tolerance break, I don't think a time released formulation would have been the best idea either, but that's just my personal preference.

This post is 100% accurate. I agree that the sweet spot for someone with that long of a tolerance break would have been 20, likely 30mg.

After such a long tolerance break, I don't think a time released formulation would have been the best idea either, but that's just my personal preference.
i would've taken IR but the OP's were the only thing available. I am still getting these weird shakes when I take half an 80 OP.

i would've taken IR but the OP's were the only thing available. I am still getting these weird shakes when I take half an 80 OP.
"still getting" ??? You experienced unpleasant effects then did it again ? - "You" are the only person left to help.

I've always found oxycodone to have a slightly unpleasant "speedy" high... it's hard to find the right dose. That said, I've never experienced the dripping sweat and extreme reaction you described.... That sounds bad. I find oxy dehydrating.. if youre sweating youre getting even more dehydrated so make sure youre drinking water.

It sounds like a simple case of just dosing too high as everyone else has been saying from the information given. The only other thing that comes to mind is that you might be on some other medication that interacts? You didn't mention it though so that seems doubtful.

If you've gotten the same result on more than one occasion, I think it's without doubt in your best interest to stop taking them. Switch to something else less stimulating if you must, but what's going on now just doesn't sounds healthy.

I have experienced slight hand tremors when taking a high dose of oxycodone, but none of the other symptoms you exhibit. Oxycodone stimulates me and has me bouncing off the walls, so slight hand tremors don't seem to worrisome, but the sweating and leg shaking does so I recommend taking less.