• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I am SICK of Tinea Versicolor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpunkySkunk347

Bluelighter
I have had Tinea Versicolor for something like 2-3 years now (I'm 21) and it's fucking unbearable. I can't go to the beach or go swimming, I can't take my clothes off when sleeping with a girl, and its actually started to spread down my arms lately so I can't even wear short sleeved shirts anymore. I am fucking sick of this!

Sometimes when its blocking my sweat glands (and I start getting the sharp needle sensation all over my back, neck, and the back of my head), it feels like my muscles are overheating (because no sweat is coming out) and it feels UNBEARABLE; it feels like my muscles in my shoulders and neck are being fried.

I NEED to get rid of this because it can't go on, it's embarassing, its painful; I've tried Selsun Blue Head Shoulders and Ketoconazole cream (Ketoconazole made me feel like a little retarded kid for a week or two after taking it, I later found out that it decreses testosterone levels and that's probably why).

I just want this fucking nightmare over, I can't take it anymore, what the fuck am I supposed to do? I heard it can be caused by bad hygeine but I take a shower everyday, do I need to start taking a shower multiple times a day and washing my bedsheets every night and become obsessed and paranoid and make getting rid of this shit my whole fucking life just so I can feel normal again?

I wasn't familiar with this condition so I Googled it and discovered it's;
..a common, benign, superficial cutaneous fungal infection usually characterized by hypopigmented or hyperpigmented macules and patches on the chest and the back. In patients with a predisposition, tinea versicolor may chronically recur. The fungal infection is localized to the stratum corneum.
Source

It sounds pretty hard to deal with. I recommend you seek medical advice mate, unless you're wanting to get some support from people - in which case I'm more than happy to move this to The Dark Side. :)

Best of luck with it. Let me know if you'd like me to reopen this and send it over to TDS.

Status
Not open for further replies.