Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

axl blaze

Bluelighter
here is the gorgeous new Great Gatsby trailer, anticipated to arrive on the silver screen this Christmas

the Great Gatsby, directed by Baz Luhrmann, stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire, and Carey Mulligan

This looks like someone chugged a bunch of food coloring then threw up...just a bunch of gaudy bullshit.

We really, REALLY don't need a Great Gatsby adaptation. Nothing is sacred anymore. :(

hahaha, Sydney has never looked this goo... ... erm american.

I'm looking forward to this for the same reason that most people aren't; Baz Luhrmann. I think that in order to appreciate his films you first have to appreciate theatre and realize that he's not putting on screenplays but rather presenting stageplays through the medium of film to escape the limitations imposed by the stage. This is the grandeur that the stage is envious of, and I guess that seems gaudy to film purists but it's fucking brilliant to me.

^i love his stuff, all except asstrailer of course.

This looks like someone chugged a bunch of food coloring then threw up...just a bunch of gaudy bullshit.

We really, REALLY don't need a Great Gatsby adaptation. Nothing is sacred anymore. :(

Agreed. I love Fitzgerald and the Great Gatsby. I have the entire first page memorized. It's almost as if Hollywood goes after films that are supposed to be enjoyed 'literally', e.g. On The Road.

baz works his magic again.

it's almost a moulin rouge part 2, the magical dream like reality mixes with gorgeous 3d for nearly the whole run time. all but the one scene where it all reaches a head, and the glits just disappears for several minutes. it comes back, but that break was a bit jarring.

i really enjoyed it. great casting all round. would have been brilliant to watch on a head full of lucy.
4/5

I was struggling to stay awake throughout the film--because I'd been awake 24+ hours, not 'cos the film sucked :p--so I feel a bit cheated, though I was awake for most of it. 4/5 indeed

after much personal debate; i saw this film two nights ago and really enjoyed it.

kindred to romeo and juliet it screamed baz luhrman's directing; with the darkness lit up with exploding pomp and pageantry, as well as a calm undertone in even the most tragic of scenes.

a thoroughly enjoyable watch that has now inspired me to re-read the book.

...kytnism...:|

I enjoyed the film but didn't get much out of the 3D experience though. In fact for the majority of the film I forgot it was even 3D. To be honest I expected more from Baz in this regard.

Weird, I was particularly impressed by the 3d in this. Last nights screening of Star Trek I thought the 3d was a non event. Maybe the cinema set up has something to do with it.

I liked this a lot, although the soundtrack was awful. I wasn't expecting a top 40 countdown within the first hour, complete with Kanye West and a "Crazy in Love" remix. With that aside, this was a great adaptation.

Weird, I was particularly impressed by the 3d in this. Last nights screening of Star Trek I thought the 3d was a non event. Maybe the cinema set up has something to do with it.

I am generally pretty meh when it comes to 3D. The Croods was the last truly impressive 3D experience I had, most sci fi tends to miss the mark for me. This movie was pretty but I could have enjoyed it without the 3D just as much I feel. Baz is such a innovator I was perhaps hoping for something ground breaking and it just didn't deliver.

The crowds and glitter of the parties really impressed me with the use of 3d.

I liked this a lot, although the soundtrack was awful. I wasn't expecting a top 40 countdown within the first hour, complete with Kanye West and a "Crazy in Love" remix. With that aside, this was a great adaptation.
Tbh I really enjoyed how the modern tunes were slipped in.

If you haven't seen The Croods in 3D I suggest you do. The glitter in The Great Gatsby pale into comparison to the floating embers from the caveman's campfires.

No worries. I'll download it. Thanks for the recommendation.

The Jurassic park conversion was real nice too.

i too really enjoyed the croods.

on topic; i loved tobey maguires acting in gatsby. generally his characters annoy me with their wimpish and meek demeanor, although thought he played a fantastic role in this film.

...kytnism...:|