• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/2stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

hydroazuanacaine

bluelighter
moonrisepromotion.jpg

just saw this tonight. i'm not ready to comment yet. hate going to the movies, but i'll be doing it again this week.

wow, look at that cast. I can't wait to see Frances McDormand out of a Coen Brothers film and into a Wes Anderson film. she is a fabulous actress, and should work a perfect match for Anderson. also I am interested in seeing how Bruce Willis fares in this. and also, Bill Fucking Murray!

I haven't seen this yet, but Moonrise Kingdom has been getting absurdly good reviews. coincidentally, I chatted with a friend who just saw this film today, and he said it was a great movie, if you are into Wes Anderson

I've liked every single one of his films, save for Royal Tenenbaums - which I only thought was okay and not very funny. please don't flame me for saying that, just had to get it off my chest...

I will see this soon!

it is quite the cast. but the leads are the two little kids pictured--which i imagine will and has been off-putting for a lot of viewers. best supporting role to bruce willis.

saw it again today.

it's a great movie. adorable and more. follows the structure, themes, and motifs of young adult fantasy novels and series like The Amber Spyglass, Harry Potter, and of course the Narnia books. within the story, a character is obsessed with fictionalized versions of those books.

so the movie is exploring reality and fantasy. individual realities and a universal reality. the first viewing i had trouble being ok with the ending. softened up to it a little on the second. though two individual realities cannot truly mix, they do in this movie. which is awesome. there is the fantasy. i would have liked to see that conjoined reality completely diverge from the external or universal reality. but i'm ok with the idea that the universal reality shifts in accordance with this magical, impossible shared reality that the kids create through love. [spoil]and i like that, in a literal sense, the kingdom is washed away.[/spoil] attempts can be made to externalize representations of it, like the painting, but it only exists inside them. and only ever did, because it is not a location. it is a single thought shared by two individuals. like Pierrot le fou, but in wes anderson's version the lovers are able to achieve this impossibility.

also, my usual complaint is that wes anderson movies is recycling his characters and ideas. i didn't mind that so much in this one. the tent scene where sam consoles suzy. just like the tent scene in The Royal Tenenbaums. how similar suzy is to margot, and how she doesn't fit in with her family and wishes to be an orphan. feels more like an intentional nod than a rip-off. if he can't stop it, i guess embracing it and weaving something out of it is cool.

Last edited:
I could have sworn that Harvey Keitel was dead - when he came on screen it was like seeing a khaki ghost. 8(

I really need to see the movie again before I can give it a solid opinion, but I came away with from it with a very positive impression.

I really need to see the movie again before I can give it a solid opinion, but I came away with from it with a very positive impression.
i'm ready for the criterion blu-ray release. it's hard to watch a movie like this in the theater. unable to rewind and re-watch.

oh, and while some might be disappointed with two child actors comprising the lead in a cast of so many a-listers, they are both wonderful. the way she, kara hayward, is able to portray depression in youth. her breaking voice and tears just behind the face. beautiful.

Last edited:
i wanna see it but movies like this aren't worth going to the theater IMO.
like that, ted..etc.
action and fantasy are the only things worth seeing in the theater.
imagine that they showed GOT episodes at movie theaters..................that'd be something

Amazing film.

As usual, Bill Murray was stellar. I thought Bruce Willis' was over the top (in a good way).

The use of color throughout, was, well, perfect IMO. I was really stoned when I saw it though.

Worth seeing again for sure :)

i read a review that described watching it as "like reading a pop up book" and it was very like that for me. great cast - especially the kids - and a very stylized wes anderson experience. i loved it.

alasdair

I finally got inspired to watch this today.

First of all I'd like to say that Wes Anderson exists in a genre entirely of his own. What this movie lacks in story and characters, it makes up for with a bounty of style. Every scene is a feverishly crafted piece of visual art. A perfect analogy being the painting they show at the end which fades into its natural replica. I could watch this movie with no dialogue and still feel like my imagination was massaged by a circus truck of magicians.

That said I really need to watch it again to give a decent opinion.

Wow, I still haven't seen this. I love most of Anderson's work and kept telling myself I was going to check this out months ago. The time is nigh, me thinks.