• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Please help me out with a MS Contin tapering question

Beachcat

Bluelight Crew
Well, I had a good go of it with pretty much unlimited drugs from my primary care doc, but they had to stop writing scripts for "pain patients" and so I went to my back doc to continue my regimen , and he basically called bullshit and said I was way too young to be taking so much...he told me to lose weight, exercise and get the injections epidural ly, but that the rate I was going I would need a pain pump before I hit forty.

May I just interject here my own thoughts, which are that I am very barely overweight, and I guess 36 year olds are too young for excruciating pain from multiple ruptured discs, a bone spur completely resting on my spinal cord, and intense migraines, but blah blah, he is probably right.

I was taking 60 mgs of MS Contin x twice a day and 30 mgs of oxy x five a day. He immediately cut the oxy down to 10 mgs x twice a day and I have actually done fine on this, I ran out way early, but did not have any withdrawal.

Well, I missed my appointment this week, so I have had to beg for days via phone to get my script, just in time I have only one pill left, we had talked about tapering the MS Contin, and I had a great plan but due to my own error I did not get to presentit to him.

I ended up with my oxy same as last month, and he cut the MS Contin down to 30 mgs x twice a day.

The pharmacist I go to pulled me aside, asked if I knew about it, and when I told her I was tapering off, she told me that there is a science to tapering and she thought it was too big of a jump down.

So now I am all worried....does anyone who has done this think that I will get withdrawals from the big jump? If so, they should be mild, right? And can't I use the little oxy I have to kind of acclimate my body to the lower dose?

Sorry for writing a book, thanks for any help I can get.

Yeah your doctor is tapering you WAY too fast. That's not cool at all, I would see another withdrawal. I definitely think you will feel withdrawals, that's a HUGE jump, and going from 150mg oxy a day in IR to 20mg?!? are you serious? Then cuts your morphine ER meds in half?

See another doctor dude this one's a quack.