• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Xanax and sleep paralysis

pzoxic

Bluelighter
So last night, a friend of mine popped a few sticks and smoked some weed a few hours before bed. When he did decide to go to bed, he fell asleep almost instantaniously (He usually has sleep troubles). Over the course of the night, he's had several episodes of sleep paralysis and he thinks this is because of the Xanax. This has also happened the only other time he's take Xanax before or around a few hours before going to bed. In the past, he's always been the type to experience sleep paralysis quite often too, just never more than two or 3 times a week. Usually he'll have one at least once a week.

Xanax can knock you out big time. Tell your friend to be careful with dosage. I am prescribed for insomnia related to PTSD and anxiety/panic disorder, and take it PRN (as needed) I never take more than .5. I know that is considered a very low dose it it is very strong stuff. Be cautious.

i never got sleep "paralysis" on benzos but when i smoke weed on them, i definitely get a couch lock that is quite difficult to break haha

also if you experience sleep paralysis often, then the benzos might have just exacerbated that.

you also said you took a few "sticks", which means more than 4mg... .5mg puts me down, i've never even taken more than 1mg, so that could also have had a hand in your sleep paralysis.

and it's not uncommon to fall asleep almost at will while on benzos, in fact, it's hard to not fall asleep on them, especially a dose that high.

also, unless you're using benzos to combat anxiety, i would recommend against using them recreationally, as they are habit-forming, and don't have much rec value. especially after these incidents.

It's not the fact the the Xanax put him out that's bothering him, it always usually makes him very tired. The fact that he experienced multiple episodes of sleep paralysis on em is just the freaky part. Guess he wont be taken them anymore, at least not before bed.