• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Depressed after more than a week?

irritator

Greenlighter
Hey,

I'm pretty new to drugs.
Started with MXE and tried LSD, MDMA, XTC but the last 3 didn't work at all and I don't know why. They were all superb when it comes to quality.
I'm seeing a psychiatrist weekly because I am very depressed and have several personality disorders.
SSRIs don't work either. Serotonin imbalance could be the reason I think, because MDMA, LSD, XTC and SSRIs are affecting the serotonin level.

I tried speed as well. First it didn't do much but keeping me awake.
I then took and still take l-thyroxine for my thyroid imbalance.
After two weeks I've done speed (very good quality) again and definitely felt a good moodlift and so on.
Now, about 9 days later I still feel suicidal and very depressed as if I could kill myself and feeling worthless and so on. Much more than before taking the speed.

Is that even possible? I didn't do speed again since that day.

Last edited:
You're already an unbalanced person from the sounds of it. Stay away from chemicals that alter your brain chemistry. It's exacerbating the problem and you're not dealing with the come down as an "average" person might. You won't have permanently changed anything from a few weeks of amph use. Just don't do it anymore, eat healthy, exercise (please do this. even 15 minutes a day) and continue seeing your psychiatrist. You need to let your brain find it's equilibrium point; you've simply messed it up a little. It'll all get better soon. Especially if you look after yourself. And for God's sake don't kill yourself.

Good luck, and be easy on yourself. We all struggle sometimes and the only thing that fixes things sometimes is time. As lame and obvious as it sounds it's true.

You say you're pretty new to drugs, well good, stay that way for now until you sort yourself out. Drugs will always be around, they'll wait for you until you can handle them.

Cheers.

Yeah stay away from the amphets man, they deplete all those essential 'feelgood' chemicals in your brain. Even the most balanced person can feel lower than hell after stim use so if you already have depression issues its only going to make them worse.
Wait it out, look after yourself and keep healthy and try to keep active, it will pass.
All the best man, report back if you need More advice.

I found amphetamines to be absolutely brutal for causing depression and mood swings in general if i over did it with them. After a 5 day dextroamphetamine binge it took me atleast a week to feel normal again. I have bipolar disorder so stimulants of any kind are really a no no for me but i don't always take my own advice :\

Stay off the speed man i have yet to see anyone use it regularly and not end up fucking themselves up on it. Amphetamines are such a seductive drug because you really don't feel fucked up on them until you start seeing the shadow people. You don't even want to go there :|

irritator,
what you're experiencing is completely normal, so please dont jump to any rash conclusions that this is the way you're goign to feel from here on out. It may take a few more days, and it may take even another week or two, but that depression will pass. Believe me, I've had a lot of experience with amphetamines as well as much tougher stimulants, and I've gone through some incredibly dark times because of it. Luckily you have not been messing around with stims and Dopamanergic drugs for too long and I would expect the residual depression to end sooner or later. I can totally relate to using adderall and/or dextroamphetamine to help cope with my lethargy and depression. The stuff can seem like a life saver, and if used in moderation, you can avoid too sever of a crash-but it's hard to keep control over your usage. Hang in there, you will begin to feel better (or at least not as bad-I know you are depressed to begin with) soon.