• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Poppy Tea

Wash

Greenlighter
Hey

So, i've ordered a 10 pound bag of poppy seeds last week off some website, they came in today, just brewed a batch of it, and it's turned out excellent! I feel so good right now :) Anyways, I wanted to share this with a friend of mine, but she is allergic to codeine (Which there is alot of in the poppy tea, I hear) Would I be able to extract the codeine out of it in any way?

Also, are the seeds that were sent plantable in any way? Do poppies grow well indoors?

Thanks in advance

No you can't extract the codeine, and the seeds will grow but I don't think they would be very fruitful. You would have to have a ton of plants to do anything useful with them anyways. Be careful with the seed tea, legal does not equal safe and it is a slippery slope.

Yes, international spice sells it.

Oh i know, im doing it slow, better to not get high, than to OD

Last edited by a moderator:
Opiate tolerance is pretty low, i quit using daily about a year ago, and now I use maybe once every few months as recreation. At that point I was doing about 4 roxys a day (120mg roxicodone). I used 300g of seed in this batch and got a pretty decent nod.
Put 300g in a bottle, filled to about an inch above the poppies witha mixture of hot water and lemon juice, let it sit for 10min, shook for 5, then let that sit for another 10. strained it through a coffee filter into a glass, put about a shot of 100% white grapefruit juice into it and drank.
Effects started coming on about 10-15 minutes after I drank it.
19 year old male, 155lbs, on a nearly empty stomache (had a sandwich about an hour or two before I drank.)

Last edited:
^here's a good tip for the future; do not let the seeds sit, they soak up the water and your morphine/codeine at the same time. Also look into using 'the bottle cap' method, basically you shake ur seeds in a bottle with water and unscrew the cap a bit so u can squeeze out the water without the seeds coming out, works great.

Will do that for tonight's cup. Would it be better to use all lemon juice or a mixture of lemon juice and water for submerging the seeds?
Also, how long should I shake for?

Hey

So, i've ordered a 10 pound bag of poppy seeds last week off some website, they came in today, just brewed a batch of it, and it's turned out excellent! I feel so good right now :) Anyways, I wanted to share this with a friend of mine, but she is allergic to codeine (Which there is alot of in the poppy tea, I hear) Would I be able to extract the codeine out of it in any way?

Also, are the seeds that were sent plantable in any way? Do poppies grow well indoors?

Thanks in advance

Do NOT give poppy seed tea to a person who is A) allergic to codeine, B) someone who is your friend and trusts you enough to actually take it without knowing how inherently dangerous that is due to the fact that codeine is a naturally occurring opiate alkaloid found in papaver somniferum including poppy seed tea, poppy pods, raw opium, etc

Do NOT give poppy seed tea to a person who is A) allergic to codeine, B) someone who is your friend and trusts you enough to actually take it without knowing how inherently dangerous that is due to the fact that codeine is a naturally occurring opiate alkaloid found in papaver somniferum including poppy seed tea, poppy pods, raw opium, etc

She knows how dangerous it is, but I was wondering if you could extract the codeine out. We both know the dangers of it. I'm not going to give it to her now that I know you cannot get the codeine out.

Will do that for tonight's cup. Would it be better to use all lemon juice or a mixture of lemon juice and water for submerging the seeds?
Also, how long should I shake for?

i think all lemon juice would be pretty disgusting but if you can get it down i don't think it would hurt. Shake the seeds vigorously for 1-2 minutes. You can do this a few times. For example, fill seed container up with water and lemon juice, shake for 2 minutes then empty. Fill container up again, shake another 2 minutes and empty again. Generally you can do 4 washes then it's pretty pointless after, although some will say anything after the first wash is pointless but in my experiments i do get some leftovers out of the 3rd and 4th wash. Careful if this is the first time you'll be consuming the extra washes, you may end up taking too much. I ended up nodding my ass off and couldn't keep my eyes open last night.

I thought an allergy to codeine meant an allergy to all opiates? Morphine, etc.

You cannot extract the codeine out at home by clandestine means, nor would it be worth the effort if you could. It is done by pharmaceutical companies, this is how they isolate alkaloids such as morphine, codeine, and the thebaine they use to synthesize the *codones and others, on a large-scale.

I thought the same thing, she told me she had a bad reaction to something containing codeine when she was a kid, but we do roxys together sometimes and shes always fine. I mentioned how she cant have the tea because of the codeine so she's going to ask her doctor to find out if she actually is.

If being allergic to codeine means being allergic to all opiates, how would one receive anesthesia/go under during a surgery or receive pain medication for legitimate reasons?

^here's a good tip for the future; do not let the seeds sit, they soak up the water and your morphine/codeine at the same time. Also look into using 'the bottle cap' method, basically you shake ur seeds in a bottle with water and unscrew the cap a bit so u can squeeze out the water without the seeds coming out, works great.

I've heard this before, but I wonder if it's really true. I've tried both ways, rinsing the seeds and drinking immediately vs letting sit for 20-30 minutes. I've found there isn't a big difference, but if anything letting them sit works slightly better.

yeah may not be a huge difference, the seeds do swell up with water after a little while though. Maybe i'll experiment tomorrow by letting them sit for a while. I'm also not sure if lemon juice does anything significant either. I wish i could do a scientific study on the best method of preparation.

Just a little bit of a warning, funny story.

I was stupid and for my first few batches, i used only lemon juice (hurr durr if a little is good, more must be better!). Since doing that, my tounge has been hurting like a motherfucker, very sensitive. Looks like its cracked down the middle. Drinking anything carbonated is a new experience in pain, so now I've been having to eat and drink very carefully. Assuming this will heal in time, just sucks for now. So yeah, only use a little to slightly acidify your water or else it's going to suck for a while haha.

I thought the same thing, she told me she had a bad reaction to something containing codeine when she was a kid, but we do roxys together sometimes and shes always fine. I mentioned how she cant have the tea because of the codeine so she's going to ask her doctor to find out if she actually is.

If being allergic to codeine means being allergic to all opiates, how would one receive anesthesia/go under during a surgery or receive pain medication for legitimate reasons?

Anyone?

I'm surprised international brand seeds worked for you. I just bought 10lbs as well as 2lbs from olive nation, both with good reviews, and found both to be a lot less potent than my usual seeds. I only got a very light yellow non-bitter tasting tea from both. Oh well. Maybe I'll try making poppy putty.

It seems like every fucking brand is washed now. Frontier, Bob's Red Mill, Colorado, all the one's that used to be good. Pisses me off, these companies are literally washing their profits down the drain in attempt to be moral or some shit.