• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Something to help anxiety during H withdrawal?

xburtonchic

Bluelighter
I have a script for Suboxone but it's such a small amount (only four 2 mg pills), that it didn't even make a dent in it. I also have Valium, but even taking 2-3 at a time doesn't help much. My anxiety during withdrawal gets SO BAD that I literally start having convulsions and it is extremely traumatic, no lie. Combined with the total lethargy, the extreme restlessness and anxiety are pure torture. I mean, I literally cannot stop moving EVERY PART OF MY BODY. It's like this feeling starts in my stomach and I start shaking really bad, then start punching pillows or whatever... I even tried screaming a few times... and I swear NOTHING WORKS. Even with the Valium.

Does anyone have ANY advice as to how I can help relieve the anxiety to a dull roar? I don't expect it to go away entirely, I just want it to be bearable. Something I can get quickly and without having to order online... I don't have the resources to do that right now... thanks. :)

Try taking a large dose of loperamide. It's an anti-diarheall that is an opioid that doesnt cross the blood brain barrier but does attach to the opioid receptors in other parts of your body. It is a godsend for opiate w/d for me. Most the time it takes around 75% of my w/d away unless I'm kicking reallllllly hard.

You have to take a large dose (like 10-20 2mg pills) but its cheap. I get 72 count from walmart for $4.99

Give it a shot

This does work. Better than that, take it an hour before your bupe, and it'll plug up a lot of the receptors in your gut and other places, leaving more of the bupe to work where it's better felt.

When you get that restlessness that makes you want to scream and punch things, drop and do as many pushups as you can. Then do as many squats as you can (without weights).
This works. Repeat it often. When you exhaust your muscles, that feeling goes away mostly.
Here's how to do pushups safely and correctly: http://youtu.be/Eh00_rniF8E
And squats safely: http://youtu.be/Eh00_rniF8E

After exhausting your muscles with the pushups and squats, take a VERY hot bath. Hot as you can stand it. While soaking, eat 3 bananas. The potassium will come at the perfect time to help keep those feelings from coming back. NOW take your valium. If at this point this has worked as well for you as it did for me, it's now time to watch something funny. Laughter will help tons. Also, masturbate. Often.

All this will help you feel better, and the exercise and masturbation will help your brain start squirting out more of it's own morphine (endorphin is short for endogenous morphine, which means, morphine made inside you, by your brain).

There's lots of other things too, but this is good for now with no resources or internet ordering ability.
Hang in there. It gets better.

peace,
podsnomo

Try taking a large dose of loperamide. It's an anti-diarheall that is an opioid that doesnt cross the blood brain barrier but does attach to the opioid receptors in other parts of your body. It is a godsend for opiate w/d for me. Most the time it takes around 75% of my w/d away unless I'm kicking reallllllly hard.

You have to take a large dose (like 10-20 2mg pills) but its cheap. I get 72 count from walmart for $4.99

Give it a shot

Last edited:
something for anxiety during H withdrawals.... suboxone? lol sorry nothing else will relieve them except maybe major doses of benzos and hot baths.... that is the truth....w0rd

Without benzos though, you can get relief through the home remedies I mentioned and others you might find on the web. Don't lose hope!

i don't know if this is good advice, since i never went through opioid WDs (so please someone correct me if this is shitty advice) but GHB/GBL might be worth checking out. it's pretty potent anxiolytic in its own right.

Methadone has really saved my ass.. havent tried suboxone because I heard it blocks the effects of H, atm I dont really want 2 stop using alltogeather, just dnt want 2 hang anymore wen I dnt have the $$ for it...

Clonidine helps with my anxiety during withdrawals. I know I have mentioned using Clonidine in pretty much all of your threads on withdrawals, but I'm not sure if you have tried it.

The best thing for H withdrawl anxitey is benzos, besides things like subutex or methadone. Marijuana is good if you are alredy a pot smoker but I wouldnt pick it up in the middle of withdrawling.

I think gabapentin and lyrica are actually better than benzo's when it comes to using it for opiate withdrawal. Both lyrica and gabapentin can almost completely elliminate the anxiety from opiate withdrawals for me. My only problem is that I'm not particularly fond of how gabapentin effects me-though it's better than being dope sick any day.

If you wait long enough those 4, 2mg suboxone pills you have can go a long way. I would try and make it at least 36 hours since your last dose of heroin, and then take one whole 2mg pill. Wait about an hour and a half before redosing, and if you reallyl feel like you need to take more, I would only add one mg. (btw, since you only have 4 pills I recomend pluggin due to its 20% increase in BA, though you could also make a suboxone alchohol solution and that will raise bupe absorption as well). I would then (assuming you can make it on 3mg the first day), set up a taper where the next day I'd take 1mg in the am, then 1mg in the pm. The next day I would cut down to .5mg 2x/day, the same the next day, skip a day, take .25mg 2x/day (or.5 mg 1x day), skip day, .25mg, skip, .125, jump (or something like this).

In regards to everyone's suggestions...

Suboxone: that did not work for me. AT all. It actually didn't kill any of the w/d symptoms, now that I think of it. But the suggestion to take as much Loperamide as safely possible to allow the Suboxone to kill the mental symptoms (in this case, anxiety, which I'm starting to doubt is purely mental but that's a different story lol) seems like it could be on to something! I'll try that next time. Is it safe to take the Loperamide 6 or so hours after my last dose, before I actually start withdrawing?

Clonodine: I have heard this suggestion before many times, I was able to get my hands on it once and I have to say it worked wonders. However, my doctor refuses to prescribe it to me and they wouldn't even give it to me in detox since my blood pressure is already on the lower end of the spectrum... but I do know that Clonodine works amazingly well with anxiety for me.

Gabapentin/Neurontin: I have three Neurontin pills, not sure of the mg. I've had some luck combining that with Seroquel before, it wasn't much, but it did help enough to allow me three hours of sleep. I'll try that again as well.

Weed: Gives me anxiety/paranoia sometimes and miiight make it worse. If I take a benzo before smoking, it never happens, but seeing as how the Valium hasn't been working at the inhumane level my anxiety reaches... idk I just don't know if it would be a good idea to risk it.

Natural remedies (exercise): I try so hard to do that when the anxiety gets unbearable, but the fatigue and total lethargy always wins out. Last time, I had this urge to just start running, and so I did... didn't even make it 10 feet before the lethargy started killing me lol, and I still felt the anxiety while running. So then I stopped. But should I just push through it or what? Also, I will try the hot bath while I eat bananas thing... never tried that before, but if potassium helps with RLS, then in theory it should also help with the anxiety, because I feel like the RLS and inability to keep still while lying down is a big factor in my anxiety level.

Someone mentioned GHB. I wouldn't know where to get that. But that did remind me of GABA, and I've heard people say that GABA works well and that you can actually FEEL it when it kicks in. Anyone know if GABA is something you can buy over the counter anywhere?

The guy I get it from got all of his shit stolen, and is now out of the game as a result... so it appears as though I have no choice but to kick again starting tomorrow morning. I think what I'm going to do is this:

- Start taking 5-HTP tonight... I know it won't kick in but at least it will be in my system. Just knowing it's in there at least TRYING to produce happy chemicals might be enough of a placebo effect to help. Although... maybe knowing that it's just a placebo effect is counterproductive? Idk but there's no harm in trying. Plus start taking "withdrawal vitamins", like Magnesium, B-vitamins, and Potassium.
- Set an alarm to wake me up at around... idk...7 am, and take a Valium + Seroquel. Then go back to sleep, hoping the Seroquel will knock me out for an extra few hours of relief. (Sleep is the only real escape during withdrawal, too bad it's so hard to come by...)
- Take the Neurontin when I wake up again, plus more of my "withdrawal vitamins"
- Call my doctor's office, beg the Exchange to page him, and then if I manage to actually get a hold of him, beg and plead with him to call in a small script for me for Clonodine, more benzos, and more Neurontin.
- Combine all of the suggestions you guys gave me.
- Drink chamomile tea laced with Valerian Root and take benzos religiously throughout the day. I just have to be careful with the benzos, since I've had to kick a few times these past few weeks due to running out of money, and I wasted a lot of it on those days... kinda sucks but I need to work with what I've got.
- Somehow force myself to make it 24 hours before taking any Suboxone.

Does that sound like an okay plan? I know it does, but first you have to understand that my anxiety reaches an almost unrealistic level as far as anxiety goes... I'm not sure if it's even healthy. It's not a panic attack; it's still anxiety, just amplified by 100. Sometimes I truly do feel like I'm about to have a seizure or a heart attack. I've never made it to the 36-72 hour mark, which is supposed to be the worst of it... so if that's what my anxiety is like before I even hit 24 hours, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if my anxiety did cause a seizure at some point during the peak of the withdrawals. It already gets too close for comfort to a seizure as it is beginning around the 14-16 hour mark. That's when I start to have those convulsions and uncontrollable movements.

FUCK it's just horrible. Wish me luck for tomorrow, pray for me, send me some love, keep the suggestions coming, anything... I'm going to need it. Not looking forward to going through this again. Just knowing it's coming is making me start to tear up and want to cry... I know that makes me sound like a really big stupid baby, but whatever I can't help it... I'm really scared. :(

You are not a big stupid baby. You've gotten to place where it's going to put you through some hell to get out. That's OK. It WILL NOT kill you, and it IS temporary. 2 key things to remember there.

As to your ?s: It is pretty much safe to take loperamide whenever it helps you. It's a pretty harmless drug unless you take like a box of it. Just use the minimum dose that helps you. Start with six 2 mg pills. Give them 45-hour to work. Take them on an empty stomach. When some of your symptoms start get some relief from the lope, then take your suboxone.

If your BP is low, do NOT take clonodine. Low BP can be very very dangerous.

I personally would avoid weed. Tried it once during WDs and it was nightmare. But it does work for others. Proceed with caution if decide to try it.

Exercise: Yes, push through the part where your body says "NO! Stop it MFer!" Getting past that point is where your brain will start releasing some of its own goodies. Do Not, however, try to go too hardcore. Try a brisk walk, not a run. If you make it 5 minutes, that's a good start. Next time make it 7 minutes. Whatever you can do. Just get through the point where you're mind wants you to stop and go back to being sedentary. The body will go through discomfort, but has amazing abilities to adapt to what you ask it to do.

Avoid GHB. Not sure about GABA OTC, but it is available as a supplement online.

Your plan looks pretty good. It's good to have a decent arsenal for combating symptoms physically.

What's missing is the spiritual/mental/emotional aspect of it.
You need not believe in a god or anything like that to have some spirituality,
something larger than yourself that you can think of and come to as an emotional
place of solace when you're in the trenches.
What do you believe, or have a willingness to be willing to believe?

I've heard it this way about religion vs. spirituality.
Religion is for people who don't want to go to hell.
Spirituality is for people who've been there.
(are there now or will be soon, too!)

Let me know how it's going for you,
and I'll provide whatever help is in my power to do.

Best to you friend,
pods

Hiya mate u ok ? Hope u are I'm from the UK and u live in the usa so I feel weird telling u about something that is really popular there and I bought from there . It kills the anxiety Google it utube kratom it's amazing trust me it works 90 pain gone anxiety gone get it ASAP ok mate tc liam786

Wow, Valium doesn't help with the anxiety? Holy shiz.

I'll list some medications that might help with your anxiety during H WD,

- Benzodiazepines
Such as Valium, but if that's not working for you.. try some stronger benzos... I really recommend Klonopin (Clonazepam).. It's more potent than Valium, and IMO is a better overall benzo. Xanax (Alprazolam) is also a good option.. but careful as these are extremely addictive and carry a worse WD than even opiates.

- Clonodine
Excellent medication for opiate withdrawal. In fact, it's RX'd for opiate withdrawal, lots of patients who go and get medical help to deal with opiate WD get clonodine RX'd to them. It helps with anxiety, the sweats, and of course high blood pressure.

- Lyrica/Gabapentin
2 excellent medications for opiate withdrawal. Both are very similiar, Lyrica is just more potent than Gabapentin. Let's just say they compare like big brother/little brother.
They help very well with anxiety, as well with pain, RLS, etc.

Hope that helps.