• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Poppy pod question

Moe-D

Bluelighter
Yo guys!

So, I have a little amount of poppy pods and I've never tried them before..

The question is that is it true that codeine evaporets from the tea if I pour hot (not boiling water) on the grinded pod's?

I've heard that people exracts the codeine putting the grinded pods into a bottle and add cold water inside and shake it for a while, and then pour the water out and the water should include the codeine and the solution should look like gin long drink.

Is this a way to get da codeine out of the motherfucker? :sus:

your main man
MOE

No replies? :D Not in a hurry or anything but c'mon buddiez

Wait, do you want to make sure the codeine's in the tea, remove it from tea, or extract just the codeine?

No, codeine does not evaporate in hot water and your cold water extraction will pull out almost just as much morphine. Unless you get a pure concentrate I don't think the codeine(which is in the form of a meconate salt) can be removed.

Freebase codeine is more much soluble than morphine in ammonia water(at the right ph), aromatics like toluene, and chlorocarbons like chloroform. But so are the other alkaloids, except in ammonia. Morphine will not extract into those solvents.It might or might not extract into the chloroform, not sure.

i mean like getting the most of the codeine out with the coldwater and then make the tea of the grinded pods (which I first have taken da codeine out)
Is this a good way to make da tea yo

No it's not. It won't work. It's probably leave just as much codeine while you'll lose morphine. Why do you want to remove the codeine? The tiny amounts of codeine won't really effect the high much taken orally. If anything it could only enhance the high. Shit a lot of strains don't even have much codeine to begin with. East Asian(north China, Korea, and Japan) strains have high codeine, some Afghan strains do too. It's still not much codeine compared to the morphine.Many have only trace. What strain is it?

If it's because of nausea, morphine does it too. But what's really bad is the narcotine. It's not very soluble in cold water but is soluble in ether. I haven't tried it, but cooling it may precipitate the narcotine. That's how cooked opium for smoking is made. Tea might be too diluted for it to work. Or maybe you could do a cold water extraction. It'd take awhile and would probably leave a lot of morphine still in the pods.

Ether is what is used to make deodorized tincture of opium. It removes the narcotine. It floats on top of water and is removed.In many places pure ether is hard to get. If it's not removed from the water by say boiling it has some pretty strong effects anesthetic effects. It's very flammable, sometimes it's prone to explode if it's old or oxidized. The fumes could knock you out. Also the STRONG smell is associated with illegal drug labs. It'd be simpler to just drink the tea.

just grind the pods into a dust, and wash it down with a glass of water. this is how i do mine, no waste.

yep, grind with a coffee grinder as fine as possible, but mix it in with juice. easier to get it down.

just grind the pods into a dust, and wash it down with a glass of water. this is how i do mine, no waste.

I don't understand why you'd want to isolate the codeine exclusively, when there's morphine in there-a way better metabolite. Plus codeine is a prodrug for morphine anyway..