• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Fentanyl 50 mcg/hr Patch - Whats most effective way to use?? CHEW ON?

LACKnSOUL

Greenlighter
I just ran across a Fentanyl Patch, 50mcg/hr - The poor fella who had half his arm taken off by a shark felt generous and,well...Here sitsthis patch. He says if you wanna quick release..chew on patch for 30 mins or so then swallow. Or, like the directions say, directions?? WTF is that? Like I said the directions call for you to tape the patch to your chest etc..for a 72 hr release...

* Can ANYONE give o'l LACKnSOUL the scoop on these patches....Pretty Pwease

I know all you are such productive citizens and have busy busy lives...but i would really appreciate a QUICK response to this post...Uh, ya im eager to begin!!!

chewing would prolly be the best way to go. allot more conveinent. just know that fentanyl is very powerful so if u dont have an opioid tolerance be carefull

Chewing is best, but you better have a high opiate tolerance. I take 90mg of oxy and it's no big deal, but chewing a 12ug/h patch yesterday got me FUCKED. And your patch is 4 times stronger. You might want to cut it into quarters first.

Yeah i forgot to mention you will really want to cut that patch down in like 4 squares cause thats alot of fentanyl

Yeah i forgot to mention you will really want to cut that patch down in like 4 squares cause thats alot of fentanyl

Pretty important piece of information, don't ya think?

I'm sending this over to the Other Drugs forum.

As for the OP. Fentanyl is some really potent stuff. If you can't easily handle 80mgs of oxycodone or 100+mg of hydrocodone then I wouldn't even be messing with it.

Support --> Other Drugs

yeah my bad i was looking up the dosages as i forgot. havent done in a while.

Thought it was unsafe to chew with non tolerance because it's hard to know where the medication settles in the gel?

Well, just as everyone else says this is strong shit, and if you dont have a high tolerance stay CLEAR. Do you have the one's with the gel or without gel? By high tolerance I mean you could handle 100mg of OXY or 200mg of Hydro, somehing like that. Whateveer you do START SMALL AS HELL. If it's the kind without the gel, the can be snorted/iv'd somehow but to much hassle, but a plus is if it's the ones without the gel, cut the patch into 4 equal pieces, then take one of those pieces cut it in half(as said start slow) and hold it under your tounge in your cheek for a while then chew a little after 15 mins or so,swallow. If it's the gel be extremly careful,its not distributed evenly throughout the patch, so there are hot spots with more fent in it, which can end up bad. You could but a TINY piece of gel under your tounge and hold it or a TINY piece on foil and smoke it. TINY. You can always take more.
Honestly, I would find somebody to trade with, fent's to dangerous if you have a lowish tolerance, puts people down with high tolerances, and the buzz is not that euphoric, just sleepy and shallow breathing..if you do do it though, have a sitter around if possible.

I chew mine but I don't suggest swallowing it. I'm thinking you are getting it all at once if you do.

BTW - please make sure you have a partner and narcan/bupe handy. I know others have said it, but I just wanted to say it again since it's so important. And ofcourse, this is not for the opiate naive.

I have personally od'd on fentanyl IV and it hits you so quick, you won't even realize it. You just fall right on your face.