• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Upper body fat

trance in fraance

Bluelighter
I'm a 17 year Old guy, 160lbs and I can't seem to lose this chest fat. Should I just try and lower my overall BF% or what? My diet hasn't been all that great but I'm slowly trying to convert to a low carb diet. Like Atkins or Paleo pretty much. The fat isn't very noticeable I just want to look cut up for summer ;) I've got the abs down and just need to get that chest lookin good ;D

Easiest thing to do to drop some weight IMO is to just stop drinking everything except water. Without drinking soda, juices etc..you dropping your caloric intake and as long as you dont change anything else...this should have you dropping weight...plus your intake of refined sugar and other potential additives will be lowered too..thus allowing your whole body to be more efficient!

Reading this as I sip on an iced coffee haha :D what about artificial sweeteners like sucralose and the such? I'm beginning to think they're just as bad as sugar, cause ever since I've switched to artificial sweeteners I haven't noticed a difference. If anything it's gotten worse. Thanks for the advice though :)

Should I just try and lower my overall BF% or what?

Yes. Up your water intake, lots of cardio, small meals more frequently. Spot-loss of fat is sometimes possible (to a smaller degree), but not in a situation like yours. Increasing your weights on chest exersizes, too, will help press the muscles against the skin from the other side.

mantis pushups
hindu pushups
tiger claw pushups
burpees
floor flys

get a pair of 15/20lbs dumbells, and rapidly superset "30s" at an incline, flat, and decline press angle ("30s" = 10 reps doing first half of the press motion, 10 reps doing the second half of the press motion, 10 reps doing the full extension and back, with rapid succession).

you know youre doing it right when, you feel energetic and vitalized when done, and sore around all angles of the chest the next morning.

your body is not evolved for an artificial world, or for artificial food. consuming artificial things will not have results conducive to maintenance of personal vitality.

mantis pushups
hindu pushups
tiger claw pushups
burpees
floor flys

get a pair of 15/20lbs dumbells, and rapidly superset "30s" at an incline, flat, and decline press angle ("30s" = 10 reps doing first half of the press motion, 10 reps doing the second half of the press motion, 10 reps doing the full extension and back, with rapid succession).

you know youre doing it right when, you feel energetic and vitalized when done, and sore around all angles of the chest the next morning.

your body is not evolved for an artificial world, or for artificial food. consuming artificial things will not have results conducive to maintenance of personal vitality.

haha I loved this post.

You sound fit... but Cardio, though.

its actually good to work out your back and shoulders as well as this will improve your posture and not make you look as fat in the chest.