Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Soma (Amanita Muscaria) Vaporized, 1.7 grams - First Time - Daydream

ForEverAfter

Ex-Bluelighter
Saturday, 16th June 2012

6:28

Put 0.7 grams of dried Soma (Amanita Muscaria) powder into vaporizer at 178-188 degrees, celsius.

6:31

Effects are instant, but mild. Feel numb. Twitching slightly.

6:40

Finish vaporizing. Effects are still mild.

6:55

Put 0.3 grams of weed and 0.5 grams of dried Soma powder into vaporizer.

7:00

Start to enter an introspective meditative state. The puzzle fragments from my Soma journeys start to make sense to me again. I am able to interpret something that has been confusing me. One of the missing pieces of the puzzle, it comes back.

Vaporizing Soma may be useful, during the days following a full-blown Soma experience in order to assist meditation/contemplation. The effects are still mild, but clearly noticeable. Not sure if it's possible to induce a dream-state by vaporizing.

7:11

I finish the second tray. Powdered Soma turns dark dark red when vaporized. I empty it into an ashtray and refill the tray with another 0.3 grams of weed and 0.5 grams dried Soma.

7:20

I start inhaling, bag after bag. I lie down on the carpet and fill my lungs completely, holding it for as long as I can. Soma increases lung capacity. It is also less harsh on the throat than marijuana. I am able to hold my breath, full of vapor, for about two minutes. When I breathe out, I can taste it. The vapor tastes identical to the smell of the mushrooms itself, just much stronger. It is thick on my breath, that earthy Soma flavour. I keep going, the muscles in my back relaxing. Breathing deeper and deeper.

7:36

I finish the tray and turn off the vaporizer. I lie back down on the carpet. I am incredibly relaxed. It's hard to imagine moving. My mind is full of questions. I drift off into a hypnotic dream state, contemplating Soma and the meaning of life. I am half-asleep. Not quite a Soma coma. More like a Soma daydream.

9:58

I "wake up" feeling calm and refreshed. I am surprised to discover that so much time has passed. I am also surprised about the relatively strong effects of vaporized Soma.

I had 1.7 grams, over the course of an hour. From the same batch, I previously consumed 36.5 grams orally. The effects lasted about three hours.

Amanita Muscaria can be vaporized and, therefore, also smoked.

I was previously a little dubious about smoking Amanitas. Mainly because I attempted to smoke some dried material years ago and didn't achieve any effects. I think it's much easier to vaporize sufficient quantities, than it is to smoke. Smoking 1.7 grams would be unpleasant.

Very interesting. If I ever get my hands on some of those bad boys I might just try vaping them! :)

Really appreciate all the Soma reports youve been uploading. Really goten alot of interest latley, and been researching them a good bit. Thank you!