• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc tie off

snazzy_sn

Bluelighter
up until this point i haven't had to use a tie, and i have a hard time juggling the task of keeping it on and trying to register n stuff...

but old faithful is finally used up and i have a really really difficult time hitting anywhere else so i'm gonna have to start using a tie and i have a few questions...

the tie gets taken off after registering but before injecting, correct?
if i don't get the tie off and inject, what are the dangers?
i'm really scared that i'll lose the register if i take the tie off and that's really unpleasant with meth...

thanks for the advice.

Ideally, you want to take the tie off, or loosen it before you actually start injecting. The reason for this is that without loosening the tie, there is a lot of pressure on your veins and injecting liquid into them at that point causes them to sort of blow up like a balloon. It's just more damaging to your veins. A lot of people have the problem of falling out of a vein when going to loosen their tie.. so keep this in mind. Although injecting with the tie on is not ideal and does hurt your veins more.. missing a shot is more dangerous. So if your options are injecting with the tie on or missing your shot.. then leave the tie on. However, practice with various types of tourniquets. A clean belt held in your mouth is an easy way to do it. Once you register, you just loosen your grip on it with your teeth so the pressure is less. This isn't the most sanitary way to tie off... but it is an easy way to have control. Just make sure everything is clean.

when i tie off , leave a tab hanging out so you have a quick release...you can figure that out right. wrap around and tuck it, leaving it out for an easy grab and release. use he least ammount of liquid and release asap, some drugs back up in the vein..i guess if you tie far enough away from the site, you can minamize or avoid that too...tie off , inject, release tie, then pull your stick .(less bleeding, and loosing drug)...ive always liked using a tie, i think you get a better rush.

i always kinda wondered if a tie would make the rush better...
thanks for the advice guys, it's much appreciated.

now i just gotta acquire some narcotics and i'll be all set :D

the rush is better since your injecting and when you release the tie it relaseses it all at once, but it is bad for you veins and barely makes any diffence at all

the rush is better since your injecting and when you release the tie it relaseses it all at once, but it is bad for you veins and barely makes any diffence at all

I don't see how the rush could be better that way unless you are IVing really slow. I understand your concept behind it, but as long as you push the plunger down at a normal rate then I don't see it making much of a difference. Now if you're someone that registers 3-4x during one shot, then yea the rush would probably be better if you kept the tourniquet tied until after the shot. It's not good for your veins though, and if you tie, register, untie, then shoot, you should get just as good of a rush as if you had shot before untieing, considering the shot is done relatively quickly.

everyone is different , you will find out what works best for you, i do alot of stuff, so FOR ME i prefer to push, untie, pull set

like i said i it doesnt make much difference espesialy if you push fast, its not that bad for you but its not realy worth it either cause it tends to blow out your veins earlier

I always use my hand, I tie off with a shoelace just above my wrist, after registering I let go of the lace but don't loosen it because I have a tendancy to slip out, I always re-register after the pressure is gone. There's still a little bit of pressure on my veins but not too much, to avoid ballooning I inject very slowly, missing isn't the worst thing with dope, but with Meth its like fire. Good luck!

I generally find it important to re-register after loosening the tie to make sure the needle didn't slip out of the vein when the tie was loosened. And as Misfit Chick mentioned, you can tie the tie in such a way that you can quickly release it just by pulling on the dangling end.

HOW TO TIE A TOURNIQUET (click for illustrated instructions for quick-release method)

(for some reason I couldn't get it to post the image here)

You should be using a proper synthetic rubber tourniquet, make-shift tourniquets don't work as well and can cause problems injecting, trauma to the skin and veins, burst veins, and cut off your circulation. You should be able to get one from a needle exchange or other harm reduction outreach source, or purchase one online.
They look like this:
latex_free_tourniquets.jpg

If you can't get a real tourniquet you can make one by tying 2 condoms together (although this is still not as good as a real tourniquet).