• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Kicking heroin warm turkey, is this a safe combo?

xburtonchic

Bluelighter
I'm about to try to kick heroin for the second time this week. Last time it was completely cold turkey and the anxiety became absolutely unbearable, it was bad to the point I was actually having convulsions. I caved 24 hours in, couldn't take it anymore. But now I have access to some drugs and I'm ready to try kicking again. Here's what I have:

- 30 5 mg Valium
- 15 200 mg Seroquel
- 5 100 mg Neurontin
- Immodium AD
- Phenergan
- Advil

Plus a variety of vitamins and what not. What I'm HOPING to do is this - take the Valium + Neurontin together, then take Seroquel to knock me out. I want to redose the Seroquel maybe twice a day; the goal is to sleep through the majority of the withdrawal. I'll take the Immodium, Phenergan, vitamins, and Advil as needed for when symptoms arise.

Does this seem like a realistic plan? Is it safe to combine benzos with sleeping pills such as Seroquel? I know it's actually an anti-psychotic, but still... it's only ever prescribed for sleep, to my knowledge. Using these drugs, can I expect to have a less painful withdrawal than I did last time (when I went completely cold turkey)? I mean, I didn't even take Immodium the last time or anything. All I took was Vistaril and it did nothing to help. I just really want to make it through to the other side this time...

The seroquel will make symptoms such as RLS worse, and most people find that seroquel is best avoided when detoxing. I would suggest replacing the seroquel with clonidine. 30 5mg Valium seems like a lot, but other than that and the seroquel it seems like a realistic plan.

I've found that around 50% of my WD symptoms are ameliorated by clonidine.

^ Yea, its the only drug I use for opiate withdrawal now. It actually makes me sleep, it helps a lot with RLS, and it keeps me comfortable in bed while I wait out the withdrawal.

Yup, just be careful standing up when you are on it. I get lightheaded to the point of near fainting if I stand up too quickly while on it, and my hands go a bit numb if they are elevated. I'm extremely sensitive to clonidine, which is good for using if for withdrawals, but bad if I have anything to do that day.

Indeed, clonidine is the best non-opioid option I've found.

I don't have access to Clonodine... :(

I was kind of hoping the Valium/Neurontin combo would combat any weird effects from the Seroquel. Last time I kicked I had some luck with Seroquel + Neurontin, it at least allowed me to sleep for three hours. I mean, I relapsed, I didn't have Valium at the time and the anxiety when I was awake was fucking intense... and I was awake more often than not of course... but still. And Seroquel is what they gave me in detox. Then again I was also on Subutex so I'm sure that had a lot to do with it lol. I suppose I can try it out once and if it's bad, never do it again. Damn I wish I had some Clonodine... I suppose I can try my luck with calling my doc and seeing if he'll call in a script, but it's doubtful.

Side note: I don't intend on taking all of the Valium, I know that's a lot. It's just what my doctor gave me. I figure I'll take it two times a day, two at a time when it's REALLY bad... I assume I'll only use around half of it. Valium is a weak benzo compared to the others though, that's the only problem :/ But at least it's a muscle relaxer on top of an anxiolytic...

EDIT: I'm also taking Potassium. And eating A LOT of bananas. I'm hoping that will help with the RLS too. If I can, I'm gonna try to get my hands on some GABA too, I've heard that stuff is pretty much amazing.

Just remember EAT WHATEVER YOU CAN!

When i'm in W/D i cannot eat healthy AT ALL, i can barely keep down a piece of crappy sugar. But the sugar rush/junk food sometimes helps. I am NOT SAYING DO THIS IF YOU CAN EAT OTHER STUFF! What I am saying is simply eat what you can, when you can. Buy w/e you think is best, but eat w/e you can dont be so picky as to turn down something you could keep down.

Dont forget: hot showers/baths.

Walk if you can. When I'm W/d i am not getting to sleep, so sometimes I just go walk. It tires me out and keeps me busy. Its better than just tossing and turning forever. Might as well be moving and seeing something different than the same four walls. Go in the park dont bring anything with you and just walk around until you cant anymore. Sounds hard, but its a lot easier than going insane inside your house when you are unable to get comfortable and cant sit still (Akathisia) no matter what (sitting/standing/laying down/etc).

And also: stretch your legs. Omg honestly to me during w/d this feels like orgasmic. My legs/back ache a lot and i stretch them soooooooooooo much like crouching how a baseball catcher does? Thats the best: keep your feet flat angle your legs outwards a bit and bend your knees exactly as if youre at yankee stadium behind the plate lol. I cannot explain how good this feels to do when you have RLS and your legs are aching and shit.

Sounds good on the meds front as well. I usually find advil/immodium to be HUGE life savers. The advil brings down a lot of the swelling/inflammations I get everywhere better than anything else really, aside from stretching/showers and shit.