• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Prepping 200mg Mallickrodt Morphine Sulfate SR

nexiusus

Greenlighter
My doctor recently switched my regular chronic pain medications from 40mg exalgo and 16mg dilaudid a day to 400mg morphine sulfate SR and 90mg morphine sulfate IR at my request. Before he titrated the dose from 2x 100mg SR tablets a day to 2x 200mg SR tablets a day, I was filling the 100mg tablets and getting the Watson (ABG) brand tablets which are incredibly easy to prep for IV use. But when he switched to the 200mg tablet, I was given the Mallickrodt brand tablets. Now I had prepared the 100mg Mallickrodt brand tablets before while I was getting them in the hospital, so I used the same method to prepare these 200mg tablets and was able to draw it up without gelling at all. The problem is, bringing the water to a boil prior to dumping in the powdered pill with the Mallickrodt brand tablets seems to really burn up alot of the morphine. I have yet to find a way to prep these pills without feeling that much of the morphine was destroyed. The ABG tablets don't require any heat at all to prepare, so I know what a full 100mg + shot feels like. The Malli's, once prepped with heat, pale in comparison! This let's me know the morphine is definitely being destroyed. I'll post my method and if anyone has input on how they get the most out of these pills please let me know. Just to share I'll add my Watson method as well, because alot of people seem to complain about those tablets..but they are by far the easiest brand to prepare.

Prepping Mallickrodt brand generic MS-Contin
-------------------------------------------
1. Remove the coating off the pill using water and a paper towel. Make sure the pill to dries thoroughly. Place tablet between a playing card or magazine cover, or whatever your favorite method for crushing pills is, and crush the tablet(s) into powder.
2. Measure out 1.5 mL (except with 200mg tablets, use 3 mL of water instead) of saline per tablet and put it into a metal cooker.
3. Heat the water to a light boil (just after you start seeing some bubbles on the bottom of the cooker).
4. Pour in powdered tablet.
5. Quickly (REALLY QUICKLY) stir the contents of the spoon. It doesn't need to be stirred much, I usually just do 3 or 4 real quick circular whips.
6. Drop in a cotton ball of medium size and quickly draw up the liquid before the mixture cools. You should get about 2/3 to 3/4 of the amount of saling you originally used in step 2.
7. Allow the contents of your syringe to cool (I personally cap the syringe and just put it in a room temperature glass of water for a minute).

Prepping Watson (ABG) brand generic MS-Contin
----------------------------------------------
1. Remove the coating off the pill using water and a paper towel. Make sure the pill to dries thoroughly.
2. Measure out 130 units (1cc and 30 units) of saline per tablet and put it into a metal cooker. Place tablet between a playing card or magazine cover, or whatever your favorite method for crushing pills is, and crush the tablet(s) into powder.
3. Pour the crushed tablet into your cooker (does not have to be metal for this prep)
4. Add the saline into the cooker and stir for about a minute.
5. Allow the solution to sit for another minute.
6. Add a large wadded up cotton (a little less than half a cotton ball or half a cigarette filter...seriously, I didn't believe this at first but trust me it's for real) into your solution and allow it to soak for about 30-45 seconds. You will notice all of the free flowing liquid soak into the cotton.
7. Draw the solution into your syringe, squeezing the syringe against the cooker at the end to draw up the last little bits of liquid.

Last edited:
Never apply heat during the preparation process, especially if you're not going to allow it to precipitate out and then filter it out properly.

By the way, considering morphine's solubility if you're putting 200mg in 2mL, you're wasting about 80mg of morphine this way as it taps out and gets saturated at 60mg/mL.

Related Reading

I use a full 3 mL syringe for a 200mg pill. Thanks for realizing that i meant to put 3 mL not 2. The comeback is about 2 ml and change while the gel is left behind. There is absolutely no way to prepare mallickrodt ms contin without heat it is invariably impossible without doing an extraction. I understand what you are saying as i have never used heat to prepare any pills in the past, but these mallickrodt ms sr pills just wont prep any other way.

That's not true, I prep mallis without heat just about every day for rectal use.

If you're still going to use heat against my strong recommendation, please allow the solution PLENTY of time to precipitate back out, meaning do not filter the solution while it's hot, let it cool down for five minutes at least before filtration and do not use a cigarette filter, they are absolutely pathetic filters but are better than nothing. I recommend you at least use compacted cotton, backload the solution through a syringe packed with it if you refuse to obtain micron filters.

Checkout the Related Reading and give that a try, I think it's safer, especially since you're using it intravenously.

How do u prep them without heat? That's all id like to know. Without using a massivr amount of saline requiring me to use a 5-10cc syringe to do just one 200mg tablet. Explain your method. Also, a thicker solution can be used without a problem for rectal use as it doesnt pass threw a small gauge needle. What method can prep the 200mg mallis without heat and result in roughly 3cc of liquid that can freely flow through a needle tip. Additionally, there is absolutely no way to allow the solution to cool and still have a free flowing liquid to draw up. The second it cools it returns to a gel state. Thats the entire purpose of using the heat, to create a non-viscous solution.

Edit: i found and read the method you put together. Im going to give it a go and see what the results are. You could've thrown me a link rather than take stabs at the only way i had yet to figure out to play with these tablets, that would've sufficed just fine. Nevertheless, ill give it a go. I just have a hard time seeing the solution as anything but glue. Thats why ive grown so attached to the watsons as they can be prepared in minutes with no congealing

Last edited:
My first reply to your thread contained the link to my method, and contains answers to most of your questions... -_____-

If there's absolutely no way to allow the solution to cool and still have a free flowing liquid to draw up, what makes you think that it won't return to it's gel state once you inject it....? That's what we're trying to prevent here...

By the way, considering morphine's solubility if you're putting 200mg in 2mL, you're wasting about 80mg of morphine this way as it taps out and gets saturated at 60mg/mL.

Related Reading
yeah i noticed when using microns or sterifits you can't get more than 200mg morphine into 2.5cc approx

My first reply to your thread contained the link to my method, and contains answers to most of your questions... -_____-

If there's absolutely no way to allow the solution to cool and still have a free flowing liquid to draw up, what makes you think that it won't return to it's gel state once you inject it....? That's what we're trying to prevent here...

it doesnt turn back into a gel if you leave the solution just sitting in the syringe, that's why. ive left it sitting after drawing up for looooong periods of time before when fixing large batches of shots for a day or twos worth of use and they never turn back into gel. that fucker cools WITH the gel still in it, and it all becomes gel. you filter the gel out, and it never returns to that state. thats not to say there isnt tons of inactives floating around, but even with micron filtering you will still end up with several inactives in the solution.

edit: using the cold method that you posted and an amount of water that would fit the 200mg tablets, 9 hours later i was left with nothing but a thick gel solution in the bottom of my pill bottle. thats the beef that im having, i really dont think i can fit these size tablets in a workable amount of fluid to be used for IV injections. maybe if i throw like 10cc on there, but jesus i dont wanna sit there toying with a giant rig for one pill. working a ten cc syringe for an injection that isnt going to be connected to a luer lock based IV catheter is a nightmare to begin with. i used to use them for shooting my methadone and they are tough, and that was when i had veins. i want my damn watsons back so i can makeup my cold saline shots with no problems dammit!!! they seem to be the only tablet that can be rapidly prepared (under 5 minutes) on the spot without any heat.

Last edited:
So strange, I exclusively use mallis (and Roxane for IR) with no problems with gelling, I use less water than you also.

i get the roxane ir and the mallickrodt 200mg and they do nothing but gel with 3ml of water. regardless of what u do to them, except with heat. ive yet to find a way around it without it. are u using the 200mg green tablets as well?

it doesnt turn back into a gel if you leave the solution just sitting in the syringe, that's why. ive left it sitting after drawing up for looooong periods of time before when fixing large batches of shots for a day or twos worth of use and they never turn back into gel. that fucker cools WITH the gel still in it, and it all becomes gel. you filter the gel out, and it never returns to that state. thats not to say there isnt tons of inactives floating around, but even with micron filtering you will still end up with several inactives in the.

Even if it stays that way after cooling, it's still best to wait for it to cool before drawing it up through a filter.

Check out this thread. it's mostly about why you should use a micron filter, but also shows why you should never heat your solution, but if you do, you should let it cool before filtering.

You have to think long term if you are going to keep getting high. You can't keep doing it if you have serious complications from improper IV use.

thats the problem though, there's absolutely no way to draw it up through any kind of filter that way. that gel is... gel! it's too viscous to be drawn through any kind of filter. believe me i have never used such poor technique or methods in my entire life except with THESE stupid ass pills, exalgo, and the OP oxycontin. my career consists of heroin for eight years and pharms for only the past 2 years. i just started with exalgo 4 months ago and switched to ms contin 3 weeks ago now. the past 3 days of dealing with these mallickrodt 200s has been a complete nightmare in my opinion. i hate them and i dont like having to heat pills, rush my cooking, or fight with gelatin solutions.... but there has to be some way around it with these particular tablets. with the watsons all u have to do is use saline solution. the saline solution keeps its particular gelling system from locking up at all. the salts break it and it stays a saline consistency liquid throughout the entire preperation. there has to be some way to do this with mallickrodt brand there just has to!

I must have misread your other post. I thought that you were saying that you've allowed it to cool down in the syringe, and it doesn't gel up, which is why I said that if it doesn't gel up after cooling, then you are better off letting it cool off in the spoon first, and then drawing it up.

Some of my using buddies think that I'm less of an addict because of all the safety measures I take, but in reality I'm just as much of an addict as they are, and I take these safety measures to ensure that I can continue to get high. If I were to lose a limb or get a horrible infection, or die from complications, then I wouldn't be able to get high still.

So just because these gel up but you can heat them and shoot them quickly does not mean that you should do it. You are not going to last long doing that, and sooner than later you will be back in the hospital. The nasty gel and pill particles don't just disappear once they are in your veins. They build up over time, and causes some serious health problems. Check out this thread so you know what potential dangers you may face.

no no thats what i meant. when u let it cool in the syringe after filtering it never gels back up again. its if you dont filter it before it cools it gels right back up. i know of all the dangers that injecting all these inactives can do its some pretty nasty shit, but no nastier than the messes made from injecting all the cuts they put in dope in my opinion. after 8 years of shooting dope, the past 2 years of doing pharms has really felt like a blessing to me. my life has been way more in control and health wise ive had a whole hell of a lot less problems. regular bouts of mrsa and the like really gets old fast when ur out there fucking with dope. i have to say tho, these pills, OPs, and exalgo, have to be the most dangerous to inject opioids ive ever put my hands on. the shit u have to go through to fix them is an automatic indicator that you are definitely doing something u shouldnt be doing.

i get the roxane ir and the mallickrodt 200mg and they do nothing but gel with 3ml of water. regardless of what u do to them, except with heat. ive yet to find a way around it without it. are u using the 200mg green tablets as well?

I use the MS ER 60, 100, and 200mg tablets. And MS IR 15 and 30mg, which do not gel.

Edit : the problem is that when you filter the solution while hot, the particulate matter will go right through the filter and into the syringe. Then it resolidifies in your cardiovascular system. You really need to be using a micron filter when injecting drugs especially pharmaceuticals.

so really if i were to just use a micron for post filtering after drawing up the heated solution, it would be basically the same result. i may actually make the investment in buying a pack of microns in that case. i found a guy on ebay who sells them for $50 for 50 in multiple sizes. seems like a wonderful deal as several other distributors seem to sell them for $4+ a piece. i also get the roxane 30mg tablets every month. i was getting the 100mg watson ms sr as i said before, and i found myself mostly doing those because they were so clean to prep instead of the milky ms ir tabs.. that draw up clean thank god. but now that i got these 200mg mallis i found myself running through my MS IRs fast as shit instead because the 200s are such a pain. ive actually got the amount of 200mg tablets that im supposed to have at this point in the month, while i only have 40 something IR tablets left...which i filled 90 on monday!!! ridiculous i know im tripping. i just wish these 200s were easier cuz it is the majority of my daily allotted dose.

no no thats what i meant. when u let it cool in the syringe after filtering it never gels back up again. its if you dont filter it before it cools it gels right back up. i know of all the dangers that injecting all these inactives can do its some pretty nasty shit, but no nastier than the messes made from injecting all the cuts they put in dope in my opinion. after 8 years of shooting dope, the past 2 years of doing pharms has really felt like a blessing to me. my life has been way more in control and health wise ive had a whole hell of a lot less problems. regular bouts of mrsa and the like really gets old fast when ur out there fucking with dope. i have to say tho, these pills, OPs, and exalgo, have to be the most dangerous to inject opioids ive ever put my hands on. the shit u have to go through to fix them is an automatic indicator that you are definitely doing something u shouldnt be doing.

Well with pills you know that you are injecting nasty fillers. With dope, you may get some clean dope only cut with some vitamin B, or you can get some with a nasty cut. A lot of people say that IVing pills is usually worse than IVing heroin actually. Neither are good for you, but with pharmaceutical companies making all these "tamper-proof" pill formulations, they certainly have a case.

I agree. Tamper proof just guarantees the people who abuse it willbe in harms way. If ur one who doesn't have a script, for example, and has to cop what they can get... Tpf pill or not if u can set it up u will, and pharmaceutical companies fail to realize that. I have never come across any supposed tpf pills that there is no method for or i cant figure out how to work it up