• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need to get back into shape.

Toker23

Bluelighter
I used to be in great shape running cross country in highschool. But since i started smoking weed everyday and experimenting alot with drugs i have become very out of shape.

I figured bluelight would give me the best answers to my current problem.

Heres the deal, I got a job working with my uncle doing sandblasting/painting etc... all in the sun working 5 days a week for 10 hours and in lousiana its hot as fuck every day 90-100 degrees. Job starts in 2 weeks and im terribly unfit for the task ahead

I am not fat, just unfit. Currently 21y male 5'6 and 117-122p pounds. I was wondering what is the best way to go about getting fit to work? thanks in advance

circle is a shape ;)

start from the beginning. get moving. get motivated. really it is as simple as that. if running smashes you too hard to begin with, take long walks. get the blood pumping. listen to some music or spoken words to distract you so you won't get bored and discouraged. it's just a matter of forming them habits, cuz once a healthy habit is formed, it's easy to do more.

daily weed (or any drugs) is lame imo. you do yourself a disservice by being intoxicated so regularly. how special is it if it is that common?

30 minutes a day. Run/jog until you have to walk then run again. You'll never be fighting fit in two weeks but it will be a decent start. If the heat is your biggest concern then try and exercise when it is hot (obviously within reason). Drink plenty of water.

Running is true. Biking or elliptical are good as well for getting your heart into shape while less intense on your legs and muscles, but if you used to run, you can handle it.

For motivation, I always found that if I had a sport that I enjoyed, and worked out watching the game, it would help me get into shape because I'd focus on the athleticism of the players and let it inspire me.

For me, biking was my best cardio workout because I could also explore (and I love exploration). You may love running the most if you were doing X-country. Find something you enjoy, and do it, and then you'll just start to crave the workout. Make sure to stay very hydrated too.

I actually found it easier to get "into" running by having something else to do while you were doing it - like bouncing or passing a ball. It takes your mind off the task, and can mean you will run for longer than you otherwise would.

Team sport is a great option for slowly getting into shape, also.

Remember a little goes a long way when you're starting out. Feel pride each time you make a healthy choice and get outside and DO SOMETHING ACTIVE. it's about changing habits and it certainly IS possible. :)

i was gona say do some kind of sport but i realise you are hella skinny (as in, you don't need to lose any weight). i'd suggest working out, but that's obvious and it's all on you whether you have the motivation to do it, OR you just plain enjoy working out. just do what you feel comfortable with, and maybe get some kind of trainer to help motivate and guide you through. i never ever worked out but i went to prison, and i've been out for 6 weeks, and still work out 5-6 days a week, plus badminton 6 days a week. the badminton is fun, but working out is just from wanting to continue trying to stay in shape and get big. if it's important enough to you, you can make it happen.. good luck buddy

the Couch to 5K program helped me out immensely. It builds stamina pretty fast (noticeable by 2nd week) and is nothing but running which should be up your alley.