• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Slammed thumb in car door..stupidity at its best lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady Kaity

Bluelighter
I know I tend to post a lot about my physical ailments which isn't what this forum is really about, but I just want some opinions on what to do with my thumb situation so I don't potentially waste money going to a dr when it's really just a minor thing.
Anywho, three days ago I slammed my thumb in my friends car door. I'm not all that close with this girl and I guess out of my own insecurities try to impress her or up show her since she was always that gorgeous popular girl at my school and we recently started hanging out. Anyway besides that, I slammed it in her door and wanted to scream and cry but not wanting to be embarrassed I simply took a deep breathe, opened the door shut it again and continued about. I basically immediately started sweating from the pain, like a lot. And then a few mins later she noticed it was bleeding a little so I told her lol which lead me to noticed that it was inflamed and blue/purple along with intense throbbing obv.
Now it's day three and its still inflamed and very sensitive I can't pick up a bottle with this hand cuz it hurts, and it's a weird kind of hurt. The bruising is finally going down, but I'm wondering if anyone would be able to tell me ow I'd be able to know if there was more damage than just bruising.
Also, how should I tend to this injury, as I don't want to keep using it and possibly cause more damage.
Any words of advice? Lol, silly subject I know and I apologize if this isn't an appropriate thread as I know we aren't professional doctors here.
Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.